Chapter 17

Asaya's POV

No. I can't go with them. They're going to take me to Uncle Bobby's, question me, possibly hurt me. You think I don't know they have an angel blade? I can feel it. I have no idea how they got it, but I can sense that a lot has changed since the last time I saw them. Now, they would trap me to get answers.

But I have questions too. Questions that can only be answered if someone knew I was alive. Like, how am I alive? How long was I dead? What happened while I was dead? Is Castiel okay? All questions for them.

But I have questions for myself as well. Why did I walk out of that field when I could have just zapped myself somewhere? Why didn't I change my clothes as soon as I discovered I was wearing a dress? My angel powers are not working fully, considering that damn burn of mine along my right wing. But they were working fully before, so why didn't I use them? Why am I still here, when I know they're just trying to use me for information? Why do they find me, every time I think I've escaped from no longer being normal, why do my brothers always come along and ruin everything?

I can't let them know it's me. Not without permission from Michael and Zachariah and the sort. Even if I did, they probably wouldn't believe me.

My next question that pops into mind hits me hardest.

Did I scar Dean with my wings when I died?

I really hope not. How could I live with myself, if I hurt my brother that way? My poor twin.

Sam was right about me not being in full power. I can glamour myself enough to hide it, but a large patch of my flight feathers have been burned off, including the skin, so you can see the bone of my wing. I can't fly, I certainly can't fix it, and I can't ask any other angels to fix it. I'm just going to have to wait it out, I guess.

I can't get myself anywhere, not like this. I tried, but it didn't work. I stayed where I am, the only difference being that my brothers could no longer see me.

You may be wondering about the name Amriel. Well, I wasn't lying. I am Amriel, the angel of May, but I am also Asaya Winchester, twin to Dean Winchester. Asaya is not my vessel, she is me. I was turned into Amriel when Cas turned me into an angel. Asaya is just the name they will recognize.

"Fine," I say, "take me to your friend."

I hate it, but it's the only way I can get somewhere that's not here.

I climb in the backseat of the Impala, tucking my wings as close to me as I can. It hurts so bad I almost cry out. Almost. I stretch my left wing out over the seat of the car when I can. I try to make a bowl of water and a rag appear as we drive, and I do, but it drains so much out of me that I fall asleep holding them. I only fall asleep for a little though, so I can still clean the burnt area off.

I dip the rag in the cool water and take a deep breath, clenching down on my lip so I don't scream. I pat my burnt area with the wet rag, and even biting down on something doesn't help. I cry out.

"Amriel?" Sam says, concern in his voice.

I look up. "Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

I look in the mirror of the car. The simple touch of the rag has made my glamour disappear.

"No," I say quietly. The Impala rolls to a stop. Sam gets out and opens the door closest to my stretched out wing.

He takes in the damage, regret filling his eyes. "Oh Amriel, I'm so sorry. I thought you were, you know, human."

"Hey, hey, it's okay," I say. "I'll be fine, eventually. It wasn't your fault, you didn't think it would hurt. I should've just told you."