Chapter Twenty Eight

Dean's POV

Amriel is gone, Cas is gone. Sam is being possessed by Ezekiel and I can't tell him because he'll kick Zek out and then he'll die.

Those are the more recent things I've screwed up. Let me tell you the rest.

First I screwed up Sam's life. He got out, he had a life with Jess at college. And I came along and pulled him into helping me find Dad.

Then Dad died because of me, even though I'm not worth his life.

Then Sam died, which was my fault because I couldn't protect him well enough to keep the visions and Azazel away. I should have done more.

So I made a deal to bring him back, which resulted in me dying. That was fine, as I don't deserve to live anyway, but then Cas had to go and bring me back. I found out I caused Sam a bunch of grief.

Then Sam had to be Lucifer's vessel and go to the Cage. I couldn't protect him from Lucifer. It's all my fault he lost his soul and had to go in the first place. And it's my place for being too dumb to figure out he lost his soul in the first place.

And it's my fault he almost died again, because I couldn't warn him fast enough not to finish the Trials, and it's my fault about the leviathans and Eve and Cas going to Purgatory, that was all my fault. I could've stopped it, I could've done more.

And it's my fault that Asaya's gone, because I couldn't stop her from killing herself.

Why can't I stop screwing up?

I sit on my bed, my fingers pressing into my temples.

TIME SKIP

Kevin is dead, Ezekiel turned out to be Gadreel, but whoever he is he's out of Sam, Cas has got his angel mojo back, everything's as good as it's going to get.

Except.

Except Amriel is missing. Cas can't track her, because he has her Grace, leaving her completely human. She cut out her own Grace, fed it to him while he was sleeping.