THREE

this is the part where you run

I groan, sitting up as I watch the Hope girl walk away from Landon

I groan, sitting up as I watch the Hope girl walk away from Landon. "What the hell is going on?" I grumble. I look around. "Are we in cells?"

"Old werewolf cells, actually." Landon scoffs. "We apparently have vervain in our systems, so we can't be compelled." He explains. "Until it wears off, we have to wait here. In the witchy magic dungeons."

I raise a brow. "Of course we do." I lean back in the bed I'm laid in. "Until then? I'm going to go back to sleep."

"Lena!"

"Shut the hell up, Hector."

"Lena!"

"Go away!"

"MADELINE KIRBY WAKE THE HELL UP!"

A smack goes across my cheek, causing me to yelp in pain. My hand flies to it for comfort, looking up to see my evil brother. "What the hell was that for?" I hiss at him, smacking his hand away.

Landon rolls his eyes. "The doors. They opened." I look past him to see he was right, the doors to our cages opened. "Hope was down here again. Maybe she-"

"She was here? Again?"I ask. "What did she say?"

"Nothing, really. Just a bunch of metaphorical-" Our conversation was cut short as we suddenly lose balance, falling onto the ground. A force, magical I suppose, was pulling us down the cellar hall. Landon looks up, grabbing onto me as tight as he can, worried he's going to lose me. I hold on tight as well, screaming loudly as we turn left and right.

We finally stop in the woods. We groan in pain, but Landon's the first one to stand. "That hurts more than my last period cramp." I choke out. My brother holds out a hand, to which I gratefully take. We stand side by side, seeing Rafael and one of those twins from earlier.

"Raf?" Landon calls out over the music. "What the hell, man?"  Our foster brother hugs us tightly, Landon groaning in pain.

I step away, massaging my shoulder as Raf looks between us. "Y-You all right? They helped me get you out."

The brunette twin from before sticks her head out. "Summoning spell. Did I bruise you? I'm really still working out the kinks."

"Summoning spell." Repeats my brother.

I smile, nodding. "Cool." I laugh.

"Let's get you a drink, guys." Raf says, waving us over.

I bite my lip. "Actually, uh, I was going to go do something else, look around, if that's okay with you two." I say sheepishly.

Landon and Rafael look at eachother. "Sure. Be careful." Raf says to me.

"Always am." With a wave of my fingers, I'm off.

The woods are quiet, aside from the loud party outside. Of course, I decide to stay closer to the school, so I don't get lost. A school for magic. Witches, vampires, werewolves. This place has to be amazing.

If only someone like me was that special.

Sighing, I lean against the wall. "God, anyone got a cigarette around here?" I huff, curling myself up. It's cold out, and sadly I didn't get much time to pack a jacket before we left Georgia:

"My dad doesn't allow that."

I look up to see the blond girl from earlier. She was that brunettes twin. "Blonde, right?"

"Lizzie, actually." She hum. "Lena, right?"

"Only friends get to call me that." I huff.

Lizzie bites her lip, stepping closer. "Then, what do I call you?" She asks.

I give the blond a side glance. "Madeline." I announce.

"Well, Madeline, nice to meet you."

"Wish it was under better circumstances." I sigh. "In less than 12 hours they're going to wipe my memory clean. So much for staying at real life Hogwarts."

Lizzie scoffs. "Trust me, this place is a lot lamer than Hogwarts. Especially with Hope Mikaelson." She spats Landon's friends name like its venom dripping off her tongue.

I tilt my head to the side. "You two must not be friends." I say.

"Not even close."

Sighing, I lean against the brick again. "At least I'm not the only one who thinks she's fishy." I hum. Lizzie leans against the wall again, and I look back at her. "Why are you out here?"

"My dad said I should get some fresh air while he goes to shut down the party." She explains. "You?"

"Your sister got me and Landon out."

Lizzie scoffs. "Sounds like Josie." She chuckles. She looks back at me, giving me a slight up and down look. "Ya know, Id have to say you're definitely the better twin out of you and your brother." She blurts.

My eyebrows raise, "Really?" I ask.

"Definitely."

Nodding, I smile slightly. "Thanks, Lizzie." She gives me a small smile, and we both watch as an angry Hope pulls a staggering Landon along.

"Lena, come with me." She orders, stopping off.

I scoff. "Its Madeline, Bitch." I whisper under my breath so only Lizzie can hear me. Lizzie giggles as I smirk at her, following Hope and my brother.

AUTHORS NOTE

hi guys!
i kinda have a new process developing for this book, every time i finish a FUTURE chapter, i upload one of these (i think that makes sense?).

madeline is lowkey a mood, and kinda a bitch but i kinda love it?

anywho, i don't have much to say other than i hope you enjoy this story so far, and i can't wait for you guys to see more!