TEN

malivore

"What?"

"I didn't like it either-"

I cut my brother off. "No!" I snap. "I'm not doing anything involving that evil, maniacal-"

"Thanks." I turn around, seeing Hope Mikaelson looking back at me.

Basically; in order to stay at this school, I have to pass one 'supernatural' test. My brother, as far as I knew, didn't pass any. Which isn't good for me.

I give a fake smile. "Good morning, Hope." I chime. "Let's get to work, right?" I hiss.

I roll my eyes, wearing workout gear as I look down at the large log. "Seriously?" I ask.

"First, jump up and grab the blue ribbon." She says, pointing to it. I look up, rather annoyed.

I close my eyes, going to a worse time.

Phil's fist pounds into Landon's face, over and over. I stared at the scene in front of me with a numb stare. All the times he hit us. Screamed at us for nothing. The times his wife cowered in the corner as we were tortured. The punches, slaps, kicks to the stomach. The belts, the burns. All of it. The things a child should never understand, feel, or even imagine. It was our reality. My hand curls up into a fist "You're a rotten thief! A sad excuse of a man! You worthless piece of-"

My eyes shoot open, anger rushing through me as I crouch down, leaping into the air. I grab the branch, letting it break in half as I fall back down. Panting, I look up, holding the branch with the ribbon tied on. "Does that count?"

Hope nods, writing down whatever on her clipboard. "Okay, try to pick up that log."

I think about Phil again. The way his hands clenched my throat as he tried to end my life. The way his eyes looked back at me, and the pure darkness. Smashing his skull in with that stupid decor piece. Fear, anger, and fight or flight kick in. I scream as I grab the log, picking it up, slowly, but surely. I throw it at far as I can, letting it fall into the nearby opening. My eyes are wide. I just threw a log.

Hope shares the same confused look. "Have you always been able to do that?" She asks me.

I shrug. "I never really tried." I point out. She writes on her sheet of paper. "So, what next?"

Hope sighs. "Well, I need to do something involving a magical ball that tells me if you're lying or telling the truth." She explained

My eyebrows shoot up. "Oo, that sounds fun." I chirp.