MADELINE KIRBY

(updated)

Born | 2012 (16-17 years)

Status | Alive (resurrected)

Occupation | Waitress (formerly) , Student

Titles | Lena , Little Sister (by Landon, Ryan) , Sis (by Rafael) , Sissy (by Ryan)

Species | Griffin (Gryphon)

Gender | Female

FAMILY INFORMATION

Family Members | Malivore (Biological Father) , Seylah Chelon (Biological Mother) , Landon Kirby (Brother) , Ryan Clarke (Half-Brother) , Unnamed Half-Siblings , Hector Gonzalez (Foster Father) , Maria Gonzalez (Foster Mother) , Rafael Waithe (Foster Brother)

SUPERNATURAL INFORMATION

Significant Kills | Phil (Bludgeoned) , Landon Kirby (Neck Snap) , Ryan Clarke (Neck Snap)

Cause of Death | Drained of Blood

Killed By | Milton Greasley

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE

Height | 5,5" (Feet) , 1.63 (Meters)

Hair Color | Brown

Eye Color | Brown

APPEARANCE

Played By | Sofia Carson

Lena Kirby is a main character on Legacies. She is the twin sister of Landon Kirby, and foster sister of Rafael Waithe. She is also the girlfriend of Hope Mikaelson.

EARLY HISTORY

Not much is known about her life except for Landon, her twin brother who she's been with since birth. Their biological mother, is Seylah Chelon and they were conceived when their mother was in Malivore

Throughout the years, she had gone through the foster care system. Two years prior to the show, Madeline and Landon lived in an abusive foster home, where their foster father, Phil, tried to kill Landon. Madeline, protecting Landon, kills him first.

PERSONALITY

Madeline has many well-developed features of herself. High intelligence, extreme loyalty to her brother, and overly charming. Though overprotective , she means it with well intentions. Her history of abuse causes her to be overly offensive AND defensive, prepared for the worst at all moments.

At an early age, Madeline and Landon showed extreme differences. Landon being quiet and more thoughtful about what would be right for everyone else; whilst Madeline was loud and impulsive at all times. Landon likes to be in the background; his sister likes to be involved in everything she encounters.

After discovering she's a Griffin, Lena learns her life revolves around protecting Landon, and fulfills this by always being his shield at all times. She's excited to finally fit in with her friends, but worries for her brothers safety.

POWERS AND ABILITIES

While she was initially suspected of being a human, Lena is in truth a Griffin. It was later revealed by her half-brother Ryan Clarke that her and her twin brother Landon are two of Malivore's "children".

Immortality | Clarke mentioned that out of all Malivore's attempts to continue his species, Lena and Landon were the only successful one and could potentially live forever with his powers. However, Griffins are not meant to be immortal, and is later explained that Lena is alive as long as Landon is, for their twin protective bond.

Self-Resurrection | The first time Lena displayed usage of powers, is when after being killed by a manic MG and her body started to smoke before levitating and combusting into flames. Lena is awoken from what seemed like a deep sleep, screaming from the previous horrifying events.

RELATIONSHIPS

Lena and Hope | Girlfriend/Friends/Allies/Former Enemies

Lena and Landon | Twins/Best Friends

Lena and Rafael | Foster Siblings/Best Friends

Lena and MG | Classmates/Allies/Friends

Lena and Clarke | Half-Siblings/Enemies

Lena and Alaric Saltzman | Teacher and Student/Allies

Lena and Penelope | Friends

Lena and Lizzie Saltzman | Friends

NAME

Madeline is a girl's name of English origin meaning "high tower or woman from Magdala".

Kirby is a common given name and surname. The surname originally comes from a place meaning "church settlement" in Old Norse.