TWENTY FIVE

let's just finish the dance

I sit in Hopes room, due to the fact Landon and Raf have been acting weird since

I sit in Hopes room, due to the fact Landon and Raf have been acting weird since...I died.

It's kind of fun, saying that I've died.

At least it was in a more exciting way.

I sit at her desk, flipping through pages of a random book when I suddenly hear terrified yells. I turn to see Hope, crying in her sleep. "Hope?" I rush over. "Hope, it's okay! Hope!"

The girl yells out, turning on her side. S wave of magic bursts through the air, and I fly backwards. I slam into her easel, paint flying all over the place. Hope shoots up, eyes wide. "Oh my god! Lena, are you okay?"

Groaning, I crawl to my feet. "I did just come back from the dead, so I think I'll be fine." I say, pulling on a piece of paint in my hair.

"What happened?"

"You were having a nightmare, I think," I shrug, unsure. "And you decided to scream and turn the easel into a piñata, and I the stick." I look at my shirt. "And now I think I have paint in my bra."

I sit at my breakfast table with Landon. "So, are you going for Miss Mystic Falls?"

I choke on my food, glancing up at my brother. "You're kidding, right?" Rafael eats in silence, not wanting to get involved.

"I mean, you're definitely eligible." Says Landon. "And, you have an advantage."

"Which is?"

"You know the main judge." I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Dana's mom is not going to be my easy key to the win, Lan." I snort. "Besides, I don't think it's a good idea."

"I think it's a good idea."

The three of us turn around to see Penelope Park walking her way. She sits next to me, smiling. "Listen, Lena, I get youre new here and all, but Miss Mystic Falls needs someone to defeat the misogynistic patterns it's had for so many years." The witch explains. "But, I'm making Roman be your date."

I frown. "Uh, whos Roman?" I ask, confused. "And why not Hope? She's perfectly eligible as my date."

Penelope smiles. "You'll see." The girl pats my arm. "See you later, Bestie."

The Park witch walks away, my brothers and I watching in confusion. "Did she just call you bestie?" Rafael asks me. I nod slowly, very confused.

"Hey, Hope. You have any idea where these guys go?" Landon asks, holding up a cage of mice.