TWENTY EIGHT

there's always a loophole

"What is this place?" Landon asks

"What is this place?" Landon asks. Clarke leads us into a weird large shed in the middle of no where.

Clarke sighs."A warehouse owned by my employer. Stores all the supernatural objects they've confiscated over the years."

I hum."Sorry, but I think you mean former employers."

"'Cause busting us out is gonna make for a pretty awkward performance review." Landon hums.

"If you're worried about them following us, don't be."

Landon sighs. "Okay, well, if it's here, how are we gonna find it? This place is a haystack."

Clarke smirks, gripping my shoulder and pulling me towards him. "Figure it out, little brother. Your family's counting on you." I feel a cold metal against my back, and my eyes widen.

"You can't kill her. She's immortal, just like me."

Clarke chuckles. "She's only immortal for you, but Griffins themselves aren't." He hums, looking down at me. "I wondered Daddy's okay with having Griffins for lunch."

I stand in front of Clarke, the weapon still pointed at my back. Landon jogs over. "I found it. So let's get out of here." He says, handing over the chalice.

Clarke takes it, throwing it to the ground. It shatters into pieces. "Not much of an indestructible artifact, is it?" Clarke says."This was a test to see if you were really on my side."

"Which we are obviously not." I snap.

"You're a good liar, Landon, but you're not great. I knew you didn't recognize the chalice, but I figured it'd be fun to see how far you could take this."

Landon sighs. "While we're telling the truth, I'm never helping you find the artifact, whatever the hell it is." He says.

"I'm guessing you already did." Clarke chuckles. "When you took the knife and the urn, did you even realize what you were doing at the time, or was it unconscious?" My eyes widen in realization. "Check your pocket. Let's find out."

Landon glances at me, before doing so. To no surprise, the small object is pulled out, and glows. "Crap." He mutters.

"You got what you wanted. Why do you still need me or my sister?"

"I don't need you. Daddy does." Clarke hums. "You're the golden child. The one he was trying to create, remember? The perfect son. The one who could create the new bloodline." He explains. "Because of you, he'll be able to launch the species."