TWENTY THREE

the boy who still has a lot of good to do

"And that's why I should join student council

"And that's why I should join student council."

Hope blinks at my long presentation. "Lena, that was,"

"Was that too much? Is Dr. Saltzman going to think I'm insane?" I ask. The council consisted of wolfs, witches, and vampires, but not whatever me and Landon are.

Assuming we are something supernatural.

Hope smiles, "That was amazing." Hope stands, walking towards me. "You've always been a tad bit manipulative, huh?"

"How do you think I got into Prom as a freshman?" I giggle, pecking Hope's lips. "So, I'll present it after you all get back?"

Hope sighs, "Yep. Have to go find that stupid urn." She wraps her arms around my waist. "So, to Maple Hollows I go."

"Bye," I mumble, kissing her again. Hope walks out of my bedroom, and I sit back on my bed.

I sit on the couch next to Rafael and Landon. "Survey says... you just got owned." MG cheers as he hits the bell. "Don't be mad. This stuff is in my blood. My dad's a trivia god. We play games like this all the time. Uh, we used to. You know, before the," MG waves his head side to side, signaling about being a vampire.

"Wait, so let me get this straight." Landon sits up, his shoulder brushing mine. "You died and then became a vampire, and then your dad just,"

"Ghosted you?" I finish for him.

Landon and I share a confused look, not knowing how we knew what we were going to say. MG shrugs. "Pretty much. Uh, I hear from my mom all the time, and she just says, like, he's busy." He looks down. "Um, either way, we don't talk."

"Well, maybe you should." Landon blurts out. I look at him, raising a brow.

Rafael pulls my arm. "Or maybe some things are better left unsaid, right, Lena?"

I nod. "Yeah. Things happen for a reason." I follow.

"Sure. But, I mean, the whole point of having a family is so you can be an actual family. Talk about stuff." Landon shrugs. He sighs. "Look, what I'm trying to say is, if you want answers... I hope you get them. Because I would do anything to avoid another round of Faction Feud." Landon chuckles.

I sigh, leaning back in my chair. "I have a feeling my brothers gained a horrible idea." I hum, wrapping an arm around Rafael.