TWENTY

we're gonna need a spotlight

Landon and I officially made up

And that I can be happy about.

And Lizzie and I? We're becoming pretty good friends, if I say so myself.

The Saltzman twins came back from their trip, and I spent last night telling them all that they missed. I think they like me cause I'm blunt. I won't hide anything from them, cause I don't care enough to.

After getting my morning cup of coffee, I sit next to Rafael and Landon. "Good morning, boys," I chirp, smiling at them.

"Morning, little sister." Landon says, eating food.

I roll my eyes. "I'm younger than you by like...two minutes!" I protest.

Rafael frowns. "How did you two figure that out?" He asks.

"We decided over a game of uno when we were seven."

Raf raises a brow, and Landon and I only shrug. "Morning Handsome." We look up to see Hope hopping over, sitting next to my brother. "Handsomes," She corrects, smiling wide. "Hey, Madeline."

"Hey," I say awkwardly. I can't help but notice Hope's eerily happy today. Which never happens, because she's Hope.

Hope hums, eyeballing the food in front of her. "Sweet, sweet carbs." She takes a piece of bread, eating a small bit.

"Somebody's in a really good mood." Rafael says, frowning.

She hums again as she shrugs. " Just woke up on the right side of the bed, I guess."

"For the first time ever?" I ask, raising a brow.

Hope lets out a loud laugh. "You're so funny. I love that about you." She turns to Landon, leaning on his shoulder. Rafael and I share confused looks, and I take a sip of my coffee again.

Lizzie and Josie Saltzman waltz over, arms linked. "Hey, Lena!" The two chirp, smiling at me.

"Hey Liz, hey Jo." I smile back.

Lizzie turns to look at the werewolf. "Good morning, Rafael." She hums.

Rafael looks up, surprised. "Hi. Uh, how was your-your trip?"

"Excellent.Thank you." Josie answers. "And welcome back, Landon."

Landon frowns "Didn't you vote me and my sister out?" I leap toward Landon, practically on top of him as I shush him.

"That's all in the past." I say.

Lizzie smiles wide. "Now, is everyone as excited as I am about tonight?" She beams.

"What's happening tonight?" Landon asks, looking at Hope.

Hope giggles, turning towards Landon. "The school's annual talent show. All the factions compete." She turns to look at the twins. "You know, the witch performance wouldn't be the same without you two."