FOUR

this is the part where you run

"Don't touch that."

Landon nearly jumps out of skin, pulling his hand away from a knife in a glass case. "Sorry. I didn't. I-I mean, I wasn't," He looks around the large room. "Where are we?"

"Uh, the Stefan Salvatore Memorial Library." Hope explains. "All the artifacts in here have a supernatural history."

"What's the story on this one?" I look over Landon's shoulder to see what he's pointing at. It's the same knife from before. It has this strong intensity that I hadn't felt before. But I'm not even sure if it's me who feels it.

Twin things. Insert peace sign duck face poses here.

Hope looks at the object. "No idea, but in my experience, your safest bet is to not touch it."

"Noted." Landon says. "I'm sorry about earlier."

"You shouldn't have been out there." She scolds. "Either of you."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah. I'll file that under the things that seem really obvious after the fact." I retort. Hope was one of the most repulsive people I've met, and that's saying something. I don't even know what it is, she's just...ugh.

"So... I guess this means you're a werewolf."

"He said, casually." I tease. Hope slightly smiles at my comment, but it soon falls.

"I'm a lot of things."

"Care to elaborate?"

Hope shrugs. "They're just gonna make you forget tomorrow." She says as if it doesn't matter.

I lean against a table, "Come on, Mikaelson. Humor us." I send her a wicked smirk, causing her to roll her eyes.

Hopes hesitant, but she lets out a sigh of defeat, beginning to explain. "The blood that runs through my veins isn't human. My dad was one of the earth's Original Vampires."

"Was?" Landon asks.

"Was." She repeats. "Turns out even immortal beings can find a way to die eventually." She hands him a book, causing me to hop off the desk and look over his shoulder.

I read the page out loud. "Klaus Mikaelson: The Great Evil."

Hope nods. "He wasn't very popular around here." She half heartedly jokes.

Landon looks up, attempting to relate. "One of our foster dads used to burn us with his cigarettes. I guess evil is relative." He says. I roll my eyes, as if that's even comparable.

"My mother was a werewolf alpha." Hope says.

"There's that "was" again."