THIRTY SIX

you remind me of someone i used to know

When the bus finally parks, Ethan follows me close behind

When the bus finally parks, Ethan follows me close behind. I know Hope is behind him, but I don't even bother looking back.

I step off the bus, seeing Landon and Josie standing close to one another. I smile at Landon, and he returns the grin. "Is that your brother?" Asks Ethan.

Josie sends me a look I cant quite read, but I don't think too much about it. "Yeah. And his new girlfriend." I retort. I look back at Ethan, smiling softly before heading to where other cheerleaders are.

I stretch slowly, watching Landon closely. I search for any potential sign of danger for the next few minutes. "Lena," I look over to see MG. He smiles awkwardly. I smile, remembering the day we helped him see his dad, and then him killing me. "Dr. Saltzman wants you to meet him and Dorian in the library." He says awkwardly.

"Okay," I smile. I walk past him, smiling at Maya. I approach Ethan, who's just about to go on  the field. "Hey,"

Ethan looks over at me. He smiles. His arm wraps around my waist, my body being pulled closer to his side. "Where are you going?"

I shrug. "I have some snooping to do. Why? You gonna miss me?" I tease. I felt Hopes eyes on me, but I didn't care anymore. I didn't want to care.

"My favorite cheerleader isn't going to be here, I'm very disappointed." He gives a goofy grin, causing me to smile.

I think for a moment, placing a hand on his chest. "Hey, maybe you should let Hope be quarterback. She's really good at what she does." I explain to him.

"Weren't you just talking about how much you hated her?" Ethan asks.

"And? I want to win. Besides, you need to keep an eye on your safety and strength for your scholarships." Shrugging, I pat his shoulder before walking away.

"We found him wandering the woods, half out of his mind." Explains Dorian. We walk in to see Dennis. "He didn't settle down until we compelled him."

"Dennis, are you okay?" I ask immediately. Dennis looks up at me, a look of relief on his face.

Alaric sets his things down as I pull up a chair in front of the football player. "Does he remember anything?" Asks the Principal.

Dorian nods and I turn back to Dennis. "What happened after everyone left, Dennis?" I ask slowly. Guilt filled my chest. I left him there alone. I should've been more careful. I knew monsters were back.