No One But You

46: INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) NIGHT FADE IN:

Two weeks later, November 24th, 1991.

RACHAEL: (phone rings) (answers it) Hello?

JAYME: (on the phone) Rachael.

RACHAEL: Hey Jayme, what's up?

JAYME: (on the phone) Mary just called... Fred's gone...

RACHAEL: (goes pale) (to herself) "My blood ran cold as I felt tears begin to form in my eyes, but I held them back for fear that the kids would see." Brian?

BRIAN: What is it love? (goes over to her)

RACHAEL: I-it's Jayme... (shakily hands him the phone)

BRIAN: (takes it) Hello? Jayme?... (goes pale) What?... How long ago?... And Rog and Deacy, do they...? (nods) Thank you... Bye Jame. (hangs up)

RACHAEL: (rubs his back gently) Brian?

BRIAN: (turns to her and wraps his arms around her)

RACHAEL: (cries softly into his shoulder)

BRIAN: (strokes her hair) Shh... Shh... It's alright...

RACHAEL: (sniffles) What about the kids? What should I tell them?

BRIAN: Nothing... Let them sleep... Why don't you go on up to bed... I'll be there in a minute.

RACHAEL: (cups his face) Are you okay?

BRIAN: I'm fine love... I just need a minute... (kisses her)

RACHAEL: I love you. (goes upstairs)

BRIAN: (breaks down) (whispers to himself) Only the good die young... (sits down at the piano) (starts playing a melody) A hand above the water... An angel reaching for the sky... Is it raining in Heaven? Do you want us to cry? And everywhere the broken hearted... On every lonely avenue... No one could reach them... No one but you... One by one, only the good die young, they're only flying too close to the sun, and life goes on... Without you...

RACHAEL: That's beautiful.

BRIAN: (turns to her) Did I wake you?

RACHAEL: No... I couldn't sleep...

BRIAN: Come here, you look like you've been crying... (pulls her into his lap)

RACHAEL: (rests her head on his shoulder)

BRIAN: (kisses her hand) Ya know love, Fred adored you, from the first night we met you, he kept whispering to me what a goddess you were.

RACHAEL: (laughs softly)

BRIAN: Why don't you go back to bed, I need to get to the studio.

RACHAEL: Now? Baby, it's late.

BRIAN: I know darling, but we need to record that song.

47: INT. STUDIO NIGHT DISSOLVE TO:

Queen records their last song, No One But You (Only The Good Die Young)

BRIAN: Ok guys, you ready?

ROGER: Let's do it... For Fred...

BRIAN: (starts playing) (starts singing) A hand above the water, an angel reaching for the sky, is it raining in Heaven? Do you want us to cry? And everywhere the broken hearted... On every lonely avenue... No one could reach them... No one but you... One by one, only the good die young, they're only flying too close to the sun, and life goes on... Without you...

ROGER: (continues) Another tricky situation... I get to drowning in the blues, and I find myself thinking, Well... What would you do? Yes it was such an operation... Forever paying every due... Hell! You made a sensation! You found a way through! One by one, only the good die young, they're only flying too close to the sun... We'll remember... Forever...

BRIAN: (continues) And now the party must be over... I guess we'll never understand... The sense of your leaving... Was it the way it was planned? And so we grace another table, and raise our glasses one more time... There's a face at the window, and I ain't never, never saying goodbye! And it's one by one! Only the good die young! They're only flying too close to the sun! Crying for nothing...

ROGER: Crying for no one...

BRIAN: No one but you...

48: INT. WEMBLEY STADIUM NIGHT FADE IN:

April 20th, 1992. The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert.

BRIAN: Good evening Wembley and the world. We are here tonight to celebrate the life, and work, and dreams, of one Freddie Mercury. We're gonna give him the biggest send off in history! (crowd applauds) This concert is to honor his legacy and fight this terrible disease... All the proceeds will be going to The Freddie Mercury Foundation. At this time I would like to call everyone back to the stage as well as my wife, Rachael May... (starts singing) There's no time for us... (crowd erupts) There's no place for us... What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us? Who wants to live forever? Who wants to live forever? Ooh...

ELTON JOHN: There's no chance for us... It's all decided for us... This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us... Who wants... To live... Forever? Who wants to live forever? Ooh...

GEORGE MICHAEL: Who dares to love forever! When love must die!

RACHAEL: But touch my tears! With your lips!

BRIAN: Touch my world with your fingertips! And we can have forever! And we can love forever! Forever is our today...

RACHAEL: (crowd joins in) Who wants to live forever? Who wants to live forever?

BRIAN: Forever is our today... Who waits forever anyway?

ROGER: (crowd gives a standing ovation) (they all bow)

BRIAN: Thank you... In keeping with Fred's memory, we will be releasing one more album with his vocals called... Made In Heaven... Thank you, goodnight.

ROGER: Goodnight Freddie, we love you.