Heartbreak

112: INT. ROGER'S HOUSE DAY CUT TO:  

RACHAEL: (knocks on the door)

JAYME: (opens the door) Hey Rach, what's going on?

RACHAEL: (in tears) I need to stay here for awhile.

JAYME: Sure, come inside.

RACHAEL: (they all go inside)

113: INT. ROGER'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) DAY CUT TO:  

JAYME: All right, what's going on?

RACHAEL: (completely breaks down) Brian cheated on me!

JAYME: AGAIN?!

RACHAEL: (glares at her)

JAYME: Sorry... Look, just tell me what happened.

RACHAEL: (sighs) You know his assistant?

JAYME: Julie? The one you don't like?

RACHAEL: Yeah... She called this morning about a dinner date.

JAYME: What? How do you know?

RACHAEL: I listened in on the phone.

JAYME: Ooh! Sneaky! I like it! Then what happened?

RACHAEL: I'm not proud of it but I... Confronted him...

JAYME: What did you do?

RACHAEL: (sighs) I shoved him and slapped him repeatedly. Not enough to do any real damage though. I just can't believe he did this to me again. I'm so stupid.

JAYME: Hey, no you're not. You're so much stronger than you think... So, you gonna dump him?

RACHAEL: Dude!

JAYME: Sorry... But seriously, what are you gonna do?

RACHAEL: I don't know yet... Despite everything, I still love him. I don't think I could ever love anyone else. He was my first love.

JAYME: I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm gonna go make you something to eat. (gets up and goes into the kitchen)

ROGER: Hey Rach.

RACHAEL: (sniffles) Oh, hi Rog

ROGER: I couldn't help but overhear.

RACHAEL: Oh, you heard?

ROGER: Yup. And I think I know just how to help you. Brian's blind. He hasn't stopped loving you, he's just confused. What you need to do is come up with one great big gesture to show him just how much he means to you.

RACHAEL: Well, what are you thinking?

ROGER: You need to make an album.

RACHAEL: What? You can't be serious.

ROGER: Deadly serious. Every song you've ever written is about Brian, correct?

RACHAEL: Yeah, so?

ROGER: So you've got to show him that. Show him that he makes your life complete. I'll go call John, you jott down some ideas.

RACHAEL: Um, ok... (starts writing lyrics) (quietly to herself) I wrote you a letter... The other day... And I told you I was happy for you and your new love...