The Affair

107: INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE (KITCHEN) DAY FADE IN:

A few months later, early 1996.

RACHAEL: (reading the paper) "Queen's Brian May sleeping with assistant, Julie Glover?!" (rolls her eyes) (to herself) "As if! God, I hated Julie, she was always making eyes at Brian when she knew full well he was married. I wasn't really the jealous type, but whenever she was around, I couldn't help but want to strangle her."

BRIAN: Good morning my love. (kisses her head)

RACHAEL: (looks up at him and shows him the paper) Can you believe this?

BRIAN: Oh love, I told you not to read that garbage.

RACHAEL: Yeah, you're right. (phone rings) I got it. (answers it) Hello?

JULIE: (surprised) Oh... Hi Rachael... Um, is Brian there?

RACHAEL: (to herself) "Speak of the devil..." Yes, he's here... (to Brian) Honey? It's for you. (to herself) "I said as I over pronounced the word, "honey", making sure it was loud enough for her to hear. I could almost swear I heard her scoff at the other end of the line." (hands him the phone)

BRIAN: (takes it) Hello? Oh. Hello Julie... (to Rachael) Love, would you mind giving us a minute?

RACHAEL: (eyes him funnily) Uh... Yeah, sure... (goes upstairs slowly)

108: INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE (BEDROOM) DAY CUT TO:

Rachael has suspicions about Brian... Again.

RACHAEL: (to herself) "What could they possibly be discussing that was so important?!" (reluctantly picks up the phone) (to herself) "Part of me hated eavesdropping on Brian, but then again, I needed to know the truth."

BRIAN: (on the phone) Funny, I wasn't expecting a call til later.

JULIE: (on the phone) I know, I just wanted to hear your voice. Shall we say dinner tonight at six? My place?

BRIAN: (on the phone) That sounds lovely.

JULIE: (on the phone) Well, see you soon darling! (hangs up)

RACHAEL: (to herself) "At that moment, my blood began to boil as I bolted for the stairs." (angrily hangs up the phone) (storms downstairs) 

(A/N: Use this for reference. Skip to about 1:19)

109: INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE (KITCHEN) DAY CUT TO:

Rachael confronts Brian.

RACHAEL: (storms in and rushes towards Brian)

BRIAN: (looks at her confused) Love?

RACHAEL: (tears well up in her eyes) (shoves him angrily) LEAVE! YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A MAN! SHE WILL FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR OTHER AFFAIR! SHE'LL FIND OUT BRIAN! YOU LIAR!

BRIAN: (carefully takes her arms in his hands) Hey, calm down love, it's alright.

RACHAEL: (to herself) "No matter how Brian tried to comfort me, I wanted nothing to do with him. I didn't mean to lash out at him, but it was almost instinctively." JUST GET THE HELL OUT BRIAN! I AM NOT GONNA LET YOU DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!

BRIAN: (lets go of her)

RACHAEL: Aren't you even gonna say anything?!

BRIAN: (looks at her in shame) All I can say is... I'm sorry.

RACHAEL: (sarcastically) Oh, you're sorry?! You really think sorry is gonna fix this?! After you told me JUST THIS MORNING, "Oh love, I told you not to read that garbage." BULLSHIT! Why do you do this to me?! What am I doing wrong?! Am I not enough for you?! Is that it?! 

BRIAN: Well... Maybe you aren't enough for me...

RACHAEL: (stunned) Wh-what?

BRIAN: Maybe our love has gone stale.

RACHAEL: How could you say that?

BRIAN: Look... Rachael, I haven't been very happy these days... And neither have you.

RACHAEL: (shakes her head) How could you even think that?!

BRIAN: All I ever do is bring you down.

RACHAEL: Oh don't try and use your little "Too Much Love Will Kill You" method this time! Just say it! You don't love me anymore! Say it!

BRIAN: (looks down)

RACHAEL: (nods) Uh-huh. I see... Goodbye Mr. May... (runs upstairs)

110: INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE (BEDROOM) DAY CUT TO:

Rachael gets ready to leave with the girls.

RACHAEL: (starts packing a bag)

LOUISA: Mummy? Where are we going?

RACHAEL: We're gonna stay at Uncle Roger's for a little while.

EMILY RUTH: But I wanna stay with Daddy.

RACHAEL: Daddy's going out tonight.

EMILY RUTH: But Mummy...

RACHAEL: Sweetie, please, Mama's very upset right now. (brings them downstairs)

111: EXT. CAR DAY CUT TO:

Rachael leaves.

BRIAN: (follows her out) Rachael, darling, please, can we just talk this out?

RACHAEL: (on the verge of tears) I have nothing to say to you. (drives away)