Together Again

120: INT. ROGER'S HOUSE (LIVING ROOM) DAY CUT TO:

Later...

BRIAN: Hey Rog, we're here to pick up the girls.

ROGER: Is everything good with you two?

BRIAN: (smiles lovingly at Rachael) Never better.

ROGER: That's good... Ya know Bri, Rachael's been working on an album.

RACHAEL: (eyes widen) (to herself) "Roger, please don't do this."

BRIAN: (looks at her with surprise) Is that right? That's wonderful darling! What's it called?

RACHAEL: Uh... Read Between The Lines...

ROGER: Why don't you play one of the songs Rach? I'm sure Brian would love to hear it.

RACHAEL: Oh, no he wouldn't...

ROGER: (whispers to her) Either you play him the title track or I'm going to tell him you couldn't stop crying all throughout the sessions.

RACHAEL: (sighs) You're an ass, let's go. (they all head to the studio)

121: INT. STUDIO DAY

Rachael plays one of the new songs for Brian.

RACHAEL: (sits down at the piano) All right... This is for you Bri... I hope you like it.

BRIAN: (smiles)

RACHAEL: (starts playing) (starts singing) I wrote you a letter... The other day... And I told you I was happy for you and your new love... Now there was much more I wanted to say, but it's hard for me to get over my last bit of pride... But if you read between the lines, you will know that I still love you... Oh and I'll love you forever and always... When we were together, I never thought you would ever be anything else but a friend and a true love... But time has thrown it's net, and now I'm caught, and I'm helpless to tell you how much I miss you by my side... But if you read between the lines, you will know that I still love you... Oh and I'll love you forever and always... (looks at Brian and smiles) Do you remember smiling at me when I looked at you and I first saw you, and I wanted you, and you wanted me, but it's over now and I just can't see how I'm gonna live, how I'm gonna live without you! Read between the lines... Remember, remember I love you... You will know that I still love you... You know that I love you... (track fades)

BRIAN: (gets up and slowly walks over to her) (embraces her) That was wonderful. (kisses her) This is surely going to be a hit.

RACHAEL: You actually liked it?

BRIAN: Of course I did. You are a genius!

RACHAEL: (chuckles)

BRIAN: I'm going to go get the girls. (walks out)

RACHAEL: (grabs Roger by his collar) What the hell was that all about Taylor?!

ROGER: That my dear little Rachael was my way of making Brian see what a great girl he almost gave up... Again.

RACHAEL: Roger Meddows Taylor, if you ever embarrass me like that again I will kick your ass!

ROGER: Do whatever you want love, just call me cupid!

RACHAEL: (rolls her eyes)

BRIAN: (comes in with the girls) All set, are you ready to go love?

RACHAEL: Yes. (both leave)

122: INT. CAR DAY

Brian and Rachael are heading home with the girls.

RACHAEL: Brian?

BRIAN: Yes love?

RACHAEL: I wanna ask you two questions, and then we can forget that all this ever happened.

BRIAN: (squeezes her hand gently) What is it love?

RACHAEL: Has Julie slept in our bed?

BRIAN: (looks her seriously in the eye) No. I promise you that.

RACHAEL: Ok... And one more thing... Remember your old girlfriend?

BRIAN: Chrissie?

RACHAEL: Yes... Did she really cheat on you or did you cheat on her?

BRIAN: No... She cheated on me... It was more Tim's fault. He stole her right out from under me.

RACHAEL: Ok... That's all I needed to know.

BRIAN: Are you alright?

RACHAEL: Yeah... I'm fine.

BRIAN: Are you sure?

RACHAEL: Yeah.