I Still Love You

80: INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE (BEDROOM) NIGHT

Brian and Rachael make up.

BRIAN: (comes in quietly) Love? Are you awake?

RACHAEL: (slowly opens her eyes and turns on the light)

BRIAN: Hi sweetheart... I got these for you... (gives her roses)

RACHAEL: (carefully takes them) (hoarse) You didn't have to do that... "I said in almost a whisper, my voice was weak from crying all day."

BRIAN: Rachael, I am so sorry... I didn't mean what I said, I was just frustrated...

RACHAEL: Brian, don't apologize, ok? It's all my fault. I should've never asked you that... I'm so stupid.

BRIAN: (looks her in the eye) Hey, you are NOT stupid. You're the most beautiful, smartest girl I know.

RACHAEL: (blushes) I'm so, so sorry... Jayme made a joke about how you might have a kid I don't know about and it just got in my head...

BRIAN: She did what?! I could kill her! No wonder you got so paranoid.

RACHAEL: (looks down sadly)

BRIAN: Darling, look at me.

RACHAEL: (looks up at him)

BRIAN: I will never hurt you again... I promise. (kisses her passionately) I love you Rachael May.

RACHAEL: I love you Brian May. (looks over and notices his ring still on the nightstand) (carefully picks it up and places it on his ring finger)

BRIAN: (caresses her cheek) (notices a piece of paper) What's that?

RACHAEL: Uh... Nothing...

BRIAN: (grabs it and uncrumples it) Did you write this?

RACHAEL: (blushes) Yes.

BRIAN: Play it for me.

RACHAEL: What?

BRIAN: Play it for me. You need to tell me how you feel.

RACHAEL: Brian, I can't sing now. I've been crying all day, my voice is gone.

BRIAN: Love, please.

RACHAEL: (sighs) All right. (grabs her autoharp) (starts playing) (starts singing) Don't forget me, I'm hoping that you won't forget me, there's no doubt I blew it bad, gave up the best love that I ever had. I never thought I could be so sad til now... Please remember, I'm hoping that you will remember that the times we were together, it wasn't always stormy weather, there were even times when the sun came shining through... And I know we've come to the parting of our ways... And I know we've said all the things that we could say... And I know I can put myself back together again, if the fates will let me... But don't forget me... I'll remember, I know that I will always remember, and I hope you have the peaceful life you never had while I was your wife, and though I know there is nothing I can do... I'll never forget you... And I hope you have the peaceful life you never had while I was your wife, and though I know there is nothing I can do... I will never... I will never... I'll never forget you... Don't forget me... Don't... Forget me...

BRIAN: I love you so much. (wraps his arms around her)

RACHAEL: (cries happily into his shoulder)

BRIAN: (strokes her hair) Shh... It's alright, I'm right here.

FREDDIE: (whispers in her ear) Told you...

BRIAN: (both get into bed)

RACHAEL: (falls asleep in his arms)