Read Between The Lines

114: INT. STUDIO DAY CUT TO: 

Rachael records her first album.

RACHAEL: (recording) But if you read between the lines, you will know that I still love you... Oh and I'll love you... Forever and always... (closes her eyes) Do you remember smiling at me when I looked at you and I first saw you, and I wanted you, and you wanted me, but it's over now and I just can't see how I'm gonna live... How I'm gonna live without you...

115: INT. ROGER'S HOUSE (KITCHEN) NIGHT DISSOLVE TO:

Later that night.

ROGER: The album's sounding great Rach.

RACHAEL: Thanks Rog... I'm sorry I kept crying when we tried to record Don't Forget Me.

ROGER: It's no problem darling, completely understandable.

JAYME: Have you even talked to the sleazeball yet?

RACHAEL: (sighs) Will you please stop calling him that?

JAYME: No, he hurt my best friend. He's a man whore.

RACHAEL: Jayme!

EMILY RUTH: Mummy? What's a man whore?

RACHAEL: Time for bed girls. (gets up and leads them into the guestroom)

EMILY RUTH: But what is it?

RACHAEL: Just get ready for bed Emily Ruth.

116: INT. ROGER'S HOUSE (GUESTROOM) NIGHT CUT TO:

Rachael puts the girls to bed.

RACHAEL: (tucks them in) Goodnight girls. (kisses them)

LOUISA: Mummy? Are you and Daddy going to get a divorce?

RACHAEL: (goes pale) (bites her lip) (to herself) "I hadn't even thought about the idea of a divorce. Brian and I have been together for 20 years. I couldn't just throw that away. Even though Brian cheated on me more than once, part of me needed him in my life, I just couldn't bring myself to let him go." Don't worry honey, everything will be fine. You just go to sleep. I love you. (gets up and walks out)