The Interview

123: INT. BRIAN'S HOUSE (BEDROOM) DAY FADE IN:

One week later.

Brian and Rachael are getting ready for an interview.

RACHAEL: (putting her earrings in) Honey, you really don't have to come with me.

BRIAN: Nonsense, it's your first interview specifically about you and your first album... Of course, I've been trying to convince you to do an album for years and yet you listen to Rog but you never listen to me. (kisses her neck)

RACHAEL: Hey, if it wasn't for you anyway I would've never made an album in the first place. (looks at him and smirks)

BRIAN: Point taken...

RACHAEL: (chuckles) I love you.

124: INT. STUDIO DAY

Rachael gives an interview about her first album.

TALK SHOW HOST: And now ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Brian and Rachael May!

RACHAEL: (both walk out and wave to the crowd) (both sit down)

TALK SHOW HOST: Hello, thanks so much for being on the show!

RACHAEL: Well, thank you very much for having us.

TALK SHOW HOST: So, Rachael, this album, Read Between The Lines, this is your first album, correct?

RACHAEL: Yes, this is my first album.

TALK SHOW HOST: What took so long to do this record? Because you have sung quite a few times onstage, you sung at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, and I believe there was a time that Brian was ill and you filled in for him.

RACHAEL: Yes, that was around 1975.

TALK SHOW HOST: So why wait so long?

RACHAEL: I guess it's because I never felt like I was good enough to do a whole album.

TALK SHOW HOST: Well, that's very hard to believe because the songs on here are really very good.

RACHAEL: Well, thank you.

TALK SHOW HOST: You're welcome, now it appears that the majority of these songs are very personal and quite depressing. The inspiration came from an affair that Brian had with his assistant?

RACHAEL: Former assistant. Yes, I had written multiple songs about Brian and I over the years and when I found about it, this was sort of my way of winning him back.

TALK SHOW HOST: Let's go over some of the songs. You've got Read Between The Lines which is the title track. You've got Love Is On The Way which was the first song you ever wrote.

RACHAEL: (nods) Yes, that's right.

TALK SHOW HOST: You've got There's So Much Love Left Over, and probably most prominent, Don't Forget Me.

RACHAEL: Don't Forget Me was a song I wrote after we had a... Fairly big argument, and I ended up playing it for him later that night and we made up.

TALK SHOW HOST: That's wonderful! Aside from your own original songs, you've also got some covers in here.

RACHAEL: Yes, covers include So Far Away by Carole King... Uh, Superstar by The Carpenters... There's a few other ones in there that reminded me of Brian.

TALK SHOW HOST: Speaking of Brian, I think a lot of people were quite surprised that you covered Talking Of Love, which Anita Dobson recorded almost 10 years ago.

RACHAEL: Yes... This album is primarily centered around Brian, and I chose to do this song as revenge if you will.

TALK SHOW HOST: You also included Too Much Love Will Kill You. (to Brian) Which, Brian, you did.