Chapter 1

Thank you so much to blah0_0 for the beautiful cover above! I will be posting each cover I received with every chapter! Give love to these awesome works of art! They are also all posted on the Instagram page! 

Hey guys!

Please tell me what you think! I'm so excited for this book!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow for important updates!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 1

       Soft strong fingers brushed across my hand and traced slow circles up my arm. Warm breath teased across my skin, causing goosebumps to follow in its wake. Heat wrapped around me. Soft gentle heat that seemed to cocoon my entire being. It was as protective as it was carnal, and promised a world of pure, serene, pleasure.

       There was something else though, something dark lurking beneath that strong, numbing haze those touches always sent my mind to.

       "Come to me..."

       That voice called endearingly—commandingly. There was no hesitation in the darkness as it wrapped tightly around my body and turned my mind to mush. Those soft fingertips brushed along my bare shoulders, tracing my collar bone before dipping lower. Heat flamed in my veins, running deeply through my being, and making me crave things that no dream ever should.

       "Need... you..."

       "Lark."

       The sharp sting of my name pierced through my skull like a knife, and weakened that embrace. The warmth slowly grew cold until it was no longer enticing against my skin, but an icy glacier creeping through my chest. I wanted to cry out as those tender touches disappeared.

       "Larkin!"

       I shot away from the window gasping for air. My head was pounding like millions of tiny hammers were nailing away at my skull. Waking from one of those dreams was always the same. Like drowning when you can't get to the surface in time to breathe.

       "Are you okay?" Raffie was staring from the front seat of our 2005 Chevy SUV. Her dark, blue, doe eyes were wide as saucers.

       Why the hell did we let a nine-year-old sit in the front anyway?

       I sucked in a deep breath and leaned back against the old comforting leather of the vehicle's interior. I held my thumb up and rubbed the other against the pain in my chest. "Just peachy, Raf."

       She blinked again, her tiny hands clutching the arm rest as that worried frown caused guilt to weigh heavily on my shoulders. "You were having another nightmare."

       "Not really." I grumbled more to myself than her as I felt those identical eyes of her brother's pierce the side of my face through the rearview mirror. Adriel Marko was the most observant, concerned, pig-headed man I have ever met, and he never let shit go.

       "You sure you're good, Lark? We can stop for a break if you want." His words were concerned enough, but I knew that look in his eyes was far pass meager worry. It was calculating, like it always was whenever he thought something was sketchy. That man was many things and oblivious was definitely not one of them.

       "No, no. I'm good, Dri." The nickname did little to turn that dagger gaze away, but it did take that scolding frown from his lips. Not that he had any reason to scold me. I couldn't control dreams.