Chapter 14

Hey guys! I'm not going to lie, I honestly scared MYSELF writing this chapter...

Check out my comment wall for frequent updates and important news!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 14

       "Larkin?" Luke sounded surprised as I shook that disturbing image from my head.

       "Luke..." I blinked as the red I thought I'd seen disappeared. The shocked look on his handsome face quickly fell away to that signature charming smile.

       "I'm surprised to see you here, but I'm glad came!" He left the stairs to walk towards me, his now-brown eyes shining happily in the darkened hallway. I sucked in a shaky breath as the sound of a toilet flushing reached my ears. I just imagined the red eyes. I've been drinking, I'm not comfortable here, and I've been stressing about those freaks at that ice cream shop all week. Luke's eyes were normal—normal. But that didn't change the creep-a-zoid vibe I got from the guy.

       "Uh-uh, yeah. My friends wanted to go partying since it's the first official week and yeah..." I let my voice trail off as I listened intently to Siena washing her hands. Let's go, girl. I got to get the hell out of here.

       "Oh? You made friends already? That's great! See, this place isn't so bad!" Luke was beaming down at me, and I couldn't tell if he had been drinking or not. He seemed completely sober, not that I was one to really be judging or anything. "Hey, why don't you come hang out with me and some of my friends—"

       Siena finally decided to open the door then, her dazed gray eyes widening as they landed on handsome, creepy guy. "Luke Acton..."

       Those brown eyes snapped to her and he sent that pleasant, perfect-toothed, smile her way. "Yeah, but you can just call me Luke. What's your name?"

       "Siena." I answered before she had the chance and wrapped my hand around her wrist in case we needed to make a hasty retreat. "Thank for the invite, Luke." I continued as I eased around his nicely toned body and pulled her carefully with me. "But we should really be getting back to our other friend downstairs."

       His smile didn't falter as we headed for the steps, though his brown eyes watched my every move. "No worries, maybe some other time." Luke followed us to the stairs, and my dazed mind noticed half-way to the first floor how he purposely kept his body between that door he came out of and us.

       He followed us all the way downstairs and half-way through the crowd. I was convinced Luke planned on being our night-long stalker, so I turned around to snap something rude, but he wasn't there. I blinked at the bodies surrounding Siena and myself. I could have sworn he had been right there.

       "Where's River?" She shouted over the music.

       "No idea! But, I'm ready to go home! Let's find him!"

       She tugged on my hand as I turned to push through the crowd, her bright gray eyes widening. "Oh, he's not going to want to leave until the cops show! If you want to go, I'll stay with him and make sure he doesn't get into too much trouble!"

       I didn't want to leave either of them, especially after witnessing all the alcohol they both drank. But I sure as hell didn't want to stay if cops were going to be showing up. I already completed my mission anyways—completely, and totally pissing Adriel off. He had been leaning against the entryway to the living room when I left, his blue eyes bright with fury, but the sardonic smile sitting on his lips was what scared me the most.