Chapter 4

Hey everyone! Thank you so much to unique_by_blood  for the beautiful cover above! You can find all of these awesome covers on the Instagram page!

This story is a little different from all of my other stories. You'll notice pretty quickly its not all lovey-dovey, but I still hope you like it!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 4

       "Come to me..." That voice was whispering in my ear again, murmuring sweet words and dark promises that always made me ache. I could feel strong fingers brushing over my collar bone and down my arm. It sent fire soaring through every ounce of my being. So—so—much better than a nightmare.

       "Stay with me."

       Come to me, stay with me, the man really needed to make up his mind about where I was. Even if he was only my imagination. He chuckled and the sound was like a slow burning fire against my skin as it chased the sassy thought away. I tried to reach for dream-guy, desperate to feel him as he did me, but my hands came up empty. There were shadows surrounding him, allowing him to touch but never be touched. It was maddening.

       A hand pressed against my stomach, his palm hot and heavy despite the fact I couldn't see it—or him. He rubbed my skin soothingly, as if he could sense my growing irritation. I didn't bother hiding a sultry moan as lips pressed just below my ear and nipped lightly at my skin. "Need You." His voice teased my mind, though his mouth never wavered from its determined path.

       "Come to me."

       It wasn't until my bare foot stepped in a puddle that I woke.

       What the hell? I stepped away from the murky water with a frown. Cold, bitter, wind blew against my shoulders and I wrapped my arms tightly around myself to hold off a shiver.

        Where the fuck was I?

       I glanced up at the abandoned street, a lone road lamp flickering in the distance. Haniel Drive's street sign loomed a few feet above my head. Oh my God—was I sleepwalking?! Panic pooled in my chest and I whipped around to make sure this was, in fact, real. Sure enough, the cold biting my skin through the thin material of my tank-top and short-shorts that I had worn to bed was very real.

       I didn't bother lingering on the street any longer. Being careful to avoid sharp rocks and stones, I rushed across the road and ran straight towards the Markos' manor. I tried not to slam the door shut when I rushed into the foyer, but fear was gripping my chest and I pushed it closed a little too loudly. I locked the deadbolt and door knob before pressing my back against the smooth wood and sliding down until my butt rested against the cold floor.

       That did not just happen.

       The grandfather clock in the living room chimed three times and stopped. 3 a.m. It was only 3 a.m. I hugged my knees to my chest and tried to force upset tears from my eyes. In all my crazy erotic dreams and creepiest nightmares, I have never slept walked. I didn't want to think of where I was going, or how far I would have gotten if I hadn't stepped into that puddle.

       I would have to tell Adriel in the morning. That thought alone made me groan in contempt. The last thing I needed was his overbearing ass breathing down my neck. He was already upset about the nightmares, and I couldn't even control those. Not that I could control this, but he had become ridiculously over protective since the car crash and this would not sit well with the control-freak. But I was nervous about it happening again, especially if the dreams were getting so bad that I ended up on the opposite end of our street.