Chapter 2

Thank you so much BlueRose_712 for the beautiful cover above! And all the covers I'm attaching to the end of this chapter! Give these awesome people some love for their amazing creativity!

Hey guys!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 2

       "Is this it?" Raffie asked eagerly when we turned onto Haniel Drive and pulled to a stop in front of an old Victorian house.

       "Obviously." Even though my voice was a little snappy, I gazed up in awe at the two-story manor. Adriel let out a dramatic sigh, but besides a warning look, he didn't say anything. Raffie and I followed as he stepped out of the SUV.

       The manor was on the corner of the street, and lush green grass swept the front yard and around the side. Gray, stone steps lead from the driveway to the wooden front door. The porch was quaint, and rather small for the size of the house with a few stone pillars holding a terrace above it. The giant outcrop of bay windows running its length made up for it. The outside alone took my breath away, I was almost too afraid to look at the interior.

       "Alright," Adriel quickly took on his 'get down to business' tone and began untying the thick rope holding down the boxes on top of the SUV. "Let's start getting this stuff into the house then we can figure out room situations-"

       "Raffie and I are going for a walk." I cut off his orders with a loud yawn and stretched dramatically for effective. Dri's dark blue gaze instantly snapped to mine, and his strong jaw grit together. Sigh, I loved it when he did that.

       "Don't argue, Larkin. The faster we get this done the-"

       "Yay a walk!" Rafael cheered happily as she came bouncing around the vehicle and slipped her little hand into mine. The expert manipulator beamed excitedly up at her older brother. "Please, Adriel? I want to explore, and we'll be quick!"

       Yeah, we weren't going to be quick, but I wasn't going to correct the kid. I knew the minute she turned on those puppy dog eyes he was a goner. No one could say no to the little twerp for long. Adriel's gaze was like icy stone until let out a long sigh.

       "Fine. Whatever. Make it quick though."

       "Yay! Thank you! Love you, bye!" With one last beaming smile, her little hand tightened around mine and she nearly dragged me away from the over-packed car.

       "Be careful, Larkin."

       "Always am, Adriel." I emphasized his name like he did mine and shot him a smirk over my shoulder as his sister continue to drag us down the sidewalk.

       "This place is so cool!" Raffie exclaimed excitedly. There weren't many trees, but the few that rested in the yards we passed were tasteful and beautiful. The sidewalk dipped below foundation lines and ran along stone ledges that kept people's yards from the street. It really was a beautiful area, but I wasn't going to admit that out loud.

       We were probably walking for about twenty minutes, staying strictly on the side streets, and avoiding the crowds at the center of town, when we stumbled upon another large, encompassing, open area. It was like an extra little town in the town. Massive, vine-covered buildings stared back at us, a courtyard with a water fountain sat directly in the middle, and a giant, granite sign reading 'Deshua State University' flashed brightly in the light of the sun.