Chapter 3

Hey guys!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 3

       Three hours later I stood in my unpacked room with a wide smile. This was the first time I ever got to decorate something. I felt way giddier than I should have. I didn't have many decorations except a calendar hanging on one wall and pretty star lights hanging from the other. It was enough to make me happy.

       "I can get you a desk tomorrow." I turned to see Adriel walking through the open door, another bowl of ice cream in his hands. "You're going to need it for school."

       "Thank you." I gave him a large smile as he handed over the way too sugary snack. I wasn't really into junk food, but occasionally I caved for ice cream.

       "I'll get you a new laptop too." He added and bent down to adjust the corner of my fluffy throw rug.

       "I already have one." I mumbled around a mouth full of icy deliciousness. Adriel could be the biggest ass sometimes, but just as sweet and caring in others.

       He raised a dark eyebrow and turned those blue eyes to the computer sitting on my freshly made bed. The beautiful dark green comforter with black intricate designs and matching sheets had been an eighteenth birthday present—from him. I wasn't expecting one at all really. No other foster family had ever gotten me anything, and it was so soon after the crash. I didn't deserve gifts. Yet, there it was, all wrapped up nicely in black ribbon when he foiled my running away scheme.

       "This thing is ancient. You can't even download Microsoft Office." Adriel scoffed and flipped the computer over easily.

       "It has Notepad. I think that's all I really need, right?" I finished off the rest of the dessert and set the bowl on top of the dresser bureau by the door.

       "No, not for college. You're going to need everything."

       Ugh. I didn't even want to go college. I only agreed for him, and because his parents had wanted me to. "Fine, whatever, but I'll buy it. I have money."

       He chuckled and reached for the empty dish. "Not as much as I do, and I take care of my girls." Adriel leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss to the top of my head before turning towards the door. I tried to ignore the way that simple action, meant to be endearing, made heat stream beneath my skin. I refused to admit it was a blush though. Adriel Marko would not be the one male on this Earth who could make me blush. Absolutely not.

       "I'm getting take-out for dinner. Help Raffie with her room while I'm gone."

       I sighed and followed him as he stepped out into the hallway. I hated when he wasted money on me, especially for things I didn't need, but arguing with him was useless. He always won. "They don't deliver?" I grumbled with a glance into Raf's room. It was painted in shades of yellow and pink, and she already had the walls covered in Nightmare Before Christmas posters.

       Adriel shot me a smug smile over his shoulder as he stepped onto the first floor. "You can handle being without me for a few minutes, Lark." My gaze narrowed angrily at the infuriating man.

       "I know. That's not why I want delivery." I snapped and refused to say anything else as he turned into the dining room, that stupid chuckle filling the air instead.