Chapter 28

Snagged the pic above from Google ^^ you know, its really darn hard finding fallen angel pictures that aren't super creepy or obvi fake. 

Hey guys! No spoilers for others please! I'll delete all the ones I can find, but that can take a while and be rather tedious. Please just avoid them.

This chapter is extra long than usual, but I felt like splitting it in half would have been mean XD

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 28

       I was going to throw up.

       I shot away from the stone slab like it was electric wire, my flashlight flinging out of my hand as I did. The light flickered as it crashed against the wall and sputtered out. The soft warm glow of the torches was the only thing lighting the cavern now. I pressed my back against the far wall, my hands gripping at my chest as my breathing turned into hyperventilating.

       No.

       No, no, no, no! This wasn't happening! It wasn't real!

       There—There's no way. This wasn't real.

       There was no way.

       It was just a dream, a nightmare! I would wake up any minute, in his bed, in his arms.

       This wasn't real.

       My back slid down the rocky surface of the cave as I pulled viciously at my hair, my stomach twisting in nausea. I officially lost it. I was crazy, insane. The town succeeded in screwing holes the size of walnuts into my brain. And now everything was shit.

       "Larkin."

       I was still hyperventilating when the sound of his voice reached my ears. Adriel stood at the entrance of the cavern, my Adriel. The human one I left back at the manor to pack up our cars so we could get the fuck out of that town. Not the one that was half dead and sleeping on that slab. Those dark blue eyes flickered between the demon's body and mine before he took an unsteady step forward. Air wouldn't enter my lungs, and I couldn't speak as I watched him.

       "I know..." He paused and wrung his hands together nervously as that gaze scanned my face. "I know how you must be feeling."

       I rolled over and threw up everything in my stomach.

       He was there in an instant, one hand pulling my hair out of my face while the other was rubbing soothingly down my back. I wanted to shove him away, but I was dry heaving too hard to do any of that.

       "It's okay, just let it out—"

       "Get off me!" I was able to stop heaving enough to gasp out. I shoved him away and crawled like a literal toddler to the far corner of the cave, making sure to steer clear of him and those bones. Not the best idea, backing myself into a corner, but I wasn't exactly thinking very clearly right then.

       "Lark, I can explain—"

       "No! Stop! I don't want to hear it!" I curled my knees into my chest in the tightest ball my body would form and shoved the palms of my hands into my ears. "This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real." I repeated out loud over and over again, until it would become true.