Chapter 19

**WARNING**!!!

THIS CHAPTER WILL HAVE MATURE CONTENT! If you can not handle mature, sexual scenes DO NOT READ.

And Dri and Lark don't look anything like those two BTW^^ :D

Hey guys! SO I haven't been able to type anything recently, been helping my family again. I'm giving y'all this chapter to hold everyone over until I can update again. It's going to be another few days! Work has also given me more stuff to do ugh. 

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 19

       The nightmare was back. I couldn't escape them, no matter how badly I wanted to. There was fire everywhere, hot flames scourging my skin as I ran for my life. Large, strong wings flapped in the distance. There was screaming, and only too late did I realize that it was my own. I could feel the heat folding around me, could feel the fire burn into my flesh. And those eyes were everywhere.

       I woke screaming, my head splitting open in pain as I tried to slap the fire away.

       "Hey! Hey, it's okay." Dri's voice cut through the vicious pounding in my skull, and those warm hands were suddenly pulling mine from their brutal grip in my hair.

       "It hurts!" I gasped. My skin felt like I stepped into a furnace, and it was nearly impossible trying to suck in a deep breath.

       It was Wednesday night, barely a few hours after my little run in with Luke's friends. I should have known I couldn't escape my subconscious for long. I had been doing so well too. No dreams, not even those erotically charged ones.

       "You need to relax." Adriel's low voice ordered, but it didn't help the tremors racking through my body. "It's okay." His hands were cupping my face, his strong thumbs brushing the panic away as I tried to calm down. "Just work through it, Lark. That's it." My breath was stuttering as I forced air down my throat. I could barely make out his dark blue, concerned gaze as I blinked viciously.

       "That's my girl." He soothed softly as those strong hands coaxed the pain away. It was working, he was working, and the fire burning my lungs slowly faded. The pounding in my head took a little longer to follow.

       "Dri..." I rasped as I fell into his strong bare chest. His arms immediately went around my waist and scooped me close, and one of his hands reached up to hold my head against him.

       "It's alright, I got you. I always got you." He murmured into the quiet room, his warm touch chasing away the horrors of that nightmare. The bedroom door was closed, and the only light came from the one in my closet and the moon through my windows.

       "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly a moment later as his hand brushed down my hair. I shook my head and pressed further into him. I didn't want to talk about it. I just wanted him to hold me and erase those awful images from my head.

       We sat like that for a moment longer before I decided that wasn't enough. I pulled away only to wrap my arms tightly around his neck. He chuckled quietly into my ear, his strong embrace wrapping firmly around my torso as I super-glued myself to him. Nothing could get me when he was there. Or, at least, I could pretend nothing ever could.

       He dropped a soft kiss onto the bare skin of my shoulder, then another on my spaghetti strap. "It will be okay, sweet girl." Adriel's voice was a soft whisper as his warm lips pressed against my skin. Electric tingles shot straight through my body at the action.