Chapter 13

Hey guys! Sorry its been a few days, my house is just crazy at the moment. I can't promise daily updates again, not until everything settles down at home. Hope you all are doing well!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 13--NOT EDITED OR CONSTRUCTED; WILL BE CONFUSING FROM PREVIOUS CHAPTERS

       "You look exceptionally miserable today." River announced to the entire cafe as he plopped down in the seat beside mine. I shot him a dark glare. He really did have such a way with words. "Have a nice little chat with the yummy 'not-brother'?"

       "If you could call it that." I grumbled and kicked my feet up on the empty chair across from me. It was early Thursday morning, and despite a tense "have a good day" before he left, Adriel and I were fine. We even spent the rest of Wednesday afternoon together and finished off the pizza.

       "Spill that tea, my dear." River sighed dramatically and sipped on his frozen coffee.

       "There is no 'tea'." I air quoted the word with my fingers like he usually did. "We both agreed it was best if what happened stayed a one-time thing."

       "Oof. Well, that's no freaking fun. How am I supposed to live vicariously through you if you refuse to fuck the guy?"

       I rolled my eyes but ate my bagel without snapping any rude comments. "It was his idea, and it's for the best. Things would just get too complicated if we kept sleeping together." No matter how badly I wanted to.

       "Whatever, you two are going to bump uglies again, bet you all the money in my bank account."

       "You two are still on this?" Siena sighed as she sat down at my other side. She wore her usual dark attire, except her usual purple lips were a deep, dark blue that reminded me a little too much of a certain person's eyes. River wore dark gray shorts, and a floral blue button down that didn't really go together but he somehow managed to make it work. I gave Siena a small smile as she slapped her microwave to-go breakfast down on the table.

       "He is." I grumbled and nodded over to the skinny brunette as he slurped on his drink.

       She rolled her eyes. "He's hornier than I am. And that's saying something." I let out a laugh, but River just shot her a look.

       "Not all of us can walk up to random guys and get fucked—literally."

       "Grow a vagina and it's easy."

       "You make it sound like I haven't tried." That actually got a laugh out of Siena, which was apparently pretty rare. I smiled and relaxed back in my seat. I enjoyed how they nagged each other.

       They tossed various insults back and forth for the next few minutes until River glanced down at his Apple Watch. Those hazel eyes suddenly became alive. "It's Thursday!" He sang happily.

       "I know, that Folklore professor is already assigning papers next week." I groaned, and completely didn't understand the enthusiasm in his eyes. We had barely began discussing the 'mythical' beginnings of Deshua, and the teach' already wanted us to write a paper.

       "Oh, no. That's not why I'm enthused at all." His large smile disappeared into a scowl as he brought his way too tiny backpack up on the table. "Ever heard of Thirsty Thursdays, Larkin?" River asked on a dramatic, elated sigh. Those bright hazel eyes of his staring off into some lust-filled distance.