Chapter 26

**WARNING!!!***

THIS CHAPTER WILL HAVE MATURE CONTENT! If you can't handle mature, sexual scenes DO NOT READ!! And don't tell me if you're underage too. That's not cool. I don't find it funny, please just keep it to yourself.

Hey guys!

I just want to say before hand that this chapter is meant in no way as a slur against blondes, it's just how Larkin is :'D

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 26

       I stood outside Adriel's office door in the Avid building, anger sparking deep behind my eyes. The only reason my hands weren't balling into fists was because of the nine-year-old holding tightly onto one of them.

       Even though my conversation with Luke replayed over in my head like a morbid soundtrack stuck on repeat, and all I wanted to do was grab both of the Markos siblings and run from this place as fast as we could, those feelings were quickly pushed aside. Because there was Adriel, standing in his office, with a way too pretty blonde female standing far too close to him.

       I liked to say in my previous boy experiences that I wasn't a jealous person, but none of those boys were Adriel, and she was being very flirty. I knew what that looked like-the hair flipping, the batting of the eyelashes, the gentle arm touches-I've done enough flirting in my life to know when it was being laid on thick.

       "Lark? Are you okay?" Raf asked beside me and tugged gently on my hand.

       "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" But I couldn't unglue my eyes from the sight of the supermodel-pretty girl and Dri. It was such a stupid thing to be angry over too, not after that shit eating afternoon with Luke. I had way too much to worry about, but that lovely little sight sure as hell didn't make anything easier.

       "Because you're squeezing my hand really hard and it hurts." Raf tugged down on my hand again and I immediately let go.

       "Shit, I'm sorry kid. I wasn't paying attention."

       "Obviously." She mumbled and flexed her little hand before slipping it back into mine. "Don't let go, just don't squeeze so hard." I could only nod. I had so much more to be concerned over instead of some girl getting too close to Adriel, but for some reason, it was the only thing my mind focused on.

       She was wearing a business, knee-length, black skirt and white button-down blouse, that hugged her chest a little too nicely. Her nails were bright red and long, like claws, and her feet were strapped in a pair of delicate matching red heels. That long blonde hair was straight and pinned back behind her ears so it cascaded down her slender back like a waterfall.

       Ugh. Blondes. Always showing up the brunettes. I found myself self-consciously tucking a stray dark curl behind my ear.

       She was holding a clipboard in one hand while the other rested suggestively on his arm-his bicep to be exact with her pretty blonde head thrown back in laughter. He was smiling at whatever she had said, though his eyes were glancing down at the clipboard. He wasn't moving away.

       Oof. Well, okay then.

       I felt heat lick the back of neck, and a strange buzzing sounded in my ears. I regretted bringing us there now. After I grabbed Raf away from the pigeons and all-but threw her in my yellow Bug, I hightailed it to Dri's office where he said he would be all day. I had every intention of just barging into his office to say we needed to get the hell out of this town, until that lovely little spectacle hit me.