Chapter 24

Hey guys! 

I hope everyone is doing okay! I hope you all had a great 4th of July if you're American, if not I hope you had a great weekend anyway! 

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! I'm pretty darn tired so I'm sure there's a bunch of mistakes, sorry!

Please comment, vote, and follow! For real though, I love reading all of your theories and thoughts! They make my day!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 24

       After a lot of careful consideration and back and forth genuine mind-fucking, I decided not to ask Adriel to leave Deshua.

       The man did almost everything for me, and despite what he said, I knew this was the one job offer he had been really excited about. Not to mention that he loved this house. When the Markos found out their great aunt had willed it to them, his face had lit up in genuine excitement. I couldn't ask him to leave just because I was losing my shit.

       But that didn't mean I was going to let us live there all willy-nilly.

       I pulled myself out of that depressed little state and spent the rest of week completely decking out the manor in Yarrow. I went to every single store in Deshua that sells the stuff and bought out all of their supplies—which might sound like a lot but really wasn't.

       There were only four stores in the entire area that carried the plant, and just packaged seeds of the stuff too. I had to go back to that alcove at school and cut a bunch of the weed-like-flower from the walls for the actual thing.

       I hung the plant all over the house. I pinned them above the doorways, wrapped them around the railing of the stairs and even entwined them through window curtains. I spent nearly two days digging out the overgrown weeds from the flowerbeds surrounding the house and replaced them with Yarrow. By the time I was done with the manor, it looked like a living flower advertisement.

       After a whole week of just watching me throw the weedy flower around, Adriel finally said something when I was elbow deep in dirty outside. "Lark... what exactly are you doing?" He was standing halfway down the stone steps that lead to the front door, his strong arms crossed over his flannel and black t-shirt covered chest.

       "What does it look like?" I snapped and stuck the little tiny gardening shoveling into the soil to make a hole for the seeds. "I'm gardening." My nose was so itchy! But my hands were covered in dirt and I couldn't scratch it. Ugh.

       "Okay, but why? You don't like dirt."

       "I like flowers."

       "Yeah, I've seen the weeds all over the house."

       I narrowed my eyes at the infuriating man. "They're not weeds."

       He raised one dark eyebrow and leaned heavily against the stone wall surrounding the steps. "They look like weeds."

       "Yeah, well, you just don't know anything about plants."

       "And you do?"

       "As a matter of fact, yes. I love them." I yapped with fake glee as I plopped the seeds in the hole and started piling soil on top of them.

       "Right. Since when?"

       "Since when do I need to have a 'when'? I like flowers, these to be specific. Why are you being an ass about it?" I knew I was being way too defensive, and a little harsh, but he wouldn't drop the damn subject. Why the fuck was he turning it into an investigation anyway? Just let me plant the damn things!