Chapter 8

Hey guys! Thank you so much to Winterfeelinggirl for the beautiful cover above!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 8

       "Your foster brother is hot."

       "Huh?" I mumbled around my coffee the next morning. River was sitting across the table at the college's cafe with those hazel eyes wide in exclamation.

       "Adriel? The cranky guy from yesterday? He's smoking like a bon-fire."

       I let my lips pull into a small smile. "Yeah, the guy's hot."

       River raised a pale brown brow suggestively. "You two ever bump uglies?" Despite the completely disgusting way to ask if Dri and I ever had sex, I couldn't ignore the heat licking at the back of my neck. Thinking about Adriel and sex made my insides do funny things.

       I forced the embarrassment down. "No."

       "But you want to, right?" He wiggled his brow, which earned him a swift smack on the back of the head by the artsy goth at his side.

       "Ow! Siena, you bitch!" He grumbled at his best friend.

       "Stop asking questions that are none of your business." She snapped and set her heavy shoulder bag decorated in Dracula pins on the floor.

       "She doesn't have to answer if she doesn't want to." River snapped back and ripped what looked like a blueberry muffin out of her hands.

       "I licked it already."

       "Ew!" The skinny kid shrieked and dropped the breakfast pastry back into her hand. "You're nasty!"

       "No, you're just a germaphobe."

       "Am not." He muttered and wiped both palms against his black skinny jeans. Siena rolled her eyes.

       "He refuses to eat or drink after someone. If their saliva has touched it, he'll vomit."

       "Don't be dramatic." River grumbled in distaste and eyed the muffin like it tried to kill his dog.

       "Says the theatre major."

       "Whatever. Unless its during sex, no one else's saliva needs to be in my mouth." That had a laugh bubbling pass my lips-a real one. Not my usual forced ones. "Speaking of sex..." Those hazel eyes were back to the wide suggestive look he had been giving me all morning.

       "Look, it doesn't matter if I do, alright? He doesn't want to, and I'm not about jumping someone who doesn't want me." In any sense of the matter. I was just another person he felt responsible for. Had to take care of. That was Adriel. The ever observant, over-protective, caring golden boy. Whoever he ended up falling in love with better be worthy of him, and realize how special he was. Or I would make them.

       "Honey," River paused and leaned over to rest a reassuring hand on my arm. "Listen and listen really good. You're gorgeous. The only reason a guy isn't going to want to fuck you is if he's gay--and that smokestack doesn't make my gay-dar go off at all. Which is very tragic, might I add, but I digress."

       I smiled through the heart ache. "Thanks River, but it would ruin everything." Everything we were now, everything he did for me because he cared, that would all go away. I would lose him. I couldn't lose him. I refused to.