Chapter 6

Hey guys! Thank you so much to maddygayle310 for the beautiful cover above!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 6

       Rafael was sledding down the snowy hill, her big blue eyes shining in the light of the sun. I smiled as she reached the bottom and jumped to her feet quickly. "Again, Lark! Again!" She cheered before dragging the sled up the hill.

       "Have you gone yet?" Adriel's voice was closer than I thought, and I glanced over my shoulder to see him at my side. Our gazes locked and he smiled, a smile that shook me deep to the core. He really was too beautiful for his own good.

       "No, Raf wants me to keep pushing her."

       He glanced down at his sister. "Tell her it's your turn next."

       "No, really its fine. I don't mind—" Jingling caught my attention and I turned to look for the noise.

       "Larkin?" Adriel asked softly, that dark gaze I loved so much turning worried.

       "Did you hear that?"

       "It's your turn, Angel. Want to go with me?"

       Rafael was suddenly at our side, and Adriel was holding the sled up with a smile. "It's small, but you'll fit in my lap just fine." I almost forgot about the sound as he climbed into the small blue sled, looking completely ridiculous until he turned those blue eyes on me and patted his thigh. "Come on beautiful, the sun is setting soon."

       My eyes blinked open as the Christmas bells went off again. My first good dream in months and it had to be rudely interrupted. I groaned and narrowed my eyes at the opened door. Whichever damn Markos opened that better have a good freaking reason.

       There was no one there.

       I frowned and leaned up on my elbows. "Raf? Dri? You there?" That's when I saw it—him. A dark outline in the shape of a man stood at the foot of my bed. Two glowing red eyes staring down at me through the darkness.

       I screamed.

       The terror ripping through my chest nearly made the high-pitched noise soundless. "Adriel!" His name came out much louder. I ripped at my bedsheets, trying desperately to disentangled myself and ended up falling hard onto the ground. I scrambled desperately to my feet, not caring about the slight pain ricocheting down my side.

       "Larkin!"' Adriel's voice filled the hallway as I ran out of my room, right into his stone wall of a chest. "What's wrong?!"

       "There's someone in my room!" My heart, that felt like it was beating a thousand miles a minute, jumped as strong arms wrapped around my waist and held me tightly against Adriel's chest. I clung to him almost desperately.

       "What? What are you talking about?"

       "There's someone in my fucking room! They opened the door, those stupid Christmas bells went off, and then there was someone standing over my bed!"

       Something close to horror flickered across his handsome face and his hands tightened around my upper arms as Rafael's door open. "Larkin? Adriel? What's going on?" The nine-year-old mumbled sleepily as she rubbed her fist into one of her eyes.