Chapter 21

Hey guys, I wasn't going to post for a while longer, but I'm sure everyone could use some good news right now. So, here's chapter 21 :D 

I'm exhausted, so no idea if the editing on this chapter is any good. Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 21

       "I'm not going to be able to come home for lunch today." I said over my laptop screen as Adriel sat across from me, stuffing his fat face with syrup-covered waffles. He really didn't give one damn about his arteries.

       "Why not?" Dri's voice sounded muffled around his food, though the disappointment there wasn't hard to miss. I tried not to let that get to my head—but I didn't try that hard.

       "I have to work on this stupid paper with River and Siena for a class."

       "Papers don't sound fun..." Raffie pipped up from her brother's side, stuffing her own face with waffles. Ugh I don't know why I bother buying healthy food. They never ate it.

       "Trust me, they're not." I grumbled down at the keys of my stupid new—not new now—computer. I had hoped I could start some bullshit introduction about the geography of Oregon and then Deshua, but it was way too early for that nonsense.

       "River and Siena?" Adriel's voice took on a sour tone, and the words 'show no fear' kept repeating over in my head as I forced my gaze to his. "The two that left you at that party?" His brow furrowed in a scowl, and that strong fist tightened around his fork.

       "Technically, I left them—"

       "No, not going to happen."

       I let out a disgruntled sigh and raised my eyes to the ceiling in annoyance. "It's not like we're going to another party, Dri. It's the town's library. Literally nothing happens in libraries."

       "I don't want you hanging around them."

       "Trust me. The last thing I want to do is hang around a library, but I have to for this stupid paper—"

       "Larkin." He said my name on that long drawn out sigh he always did whenever he thought I was being ridiculous. "Just be careful."

       Huh... Adriel never let me win one of those. I tried to keep my pleased smile to myself as I tapped on the side of my keyboard.

       "Is that the paper?" His voice was soft as he nodded towards my computer, even though that hard look in his eyes didn't fade.

       "No, just the topic and my notes."

       "Greedy guy got pissed at the white-wingies and built Deshua as a giant eff you?" Adriel leaned across the table to peer down at my laptop, one dark eyebrow raised in question.

       "Yeah," I quickly reached up and shut the screen. "This crazy professor is trying to convince everyone that Deshua was founded by some stupid angel/demon thing who made a bunch of vampires."

       That raised eyebrow was quickly joined by the other as he sat back heavily in his seat. "No fucking wonder you've been having those dreams. This moron's been feeding you shit for weeks." That angry grumble was back in his tone and those blue eyes turned darker than ever.

       "Adriel... bad words." Raf's doe eyes widened and her mouth opened in surprise as she turned towards the overly large jerk. I was pretty shocked too in all honesty. Adriel was always so careful what he said around her, and even got pissed at me when I swore.