Chapter 30

Hey guys! 

So I've seen a couple of people compare some of things that happen in here to The Vampire Diaries, but I swear I've only seen like two or three episodes of that show. I thought up all the crazy stuff that happens in this book, I didn't take it from anything. Scouts honor!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 30

       I was having a panic attack. I laid flat on the dirt ground, next to the crushed bones of my first life and Avidus's trapped body, and hyperventilated. It started as soon as the entrance caved in and everything went silent. The only reason I hadn't completely lost my shit was because the torches still cast dim light around the cavern.

       I wasn't sure how long I laid on the floor, gasping for air that I wasn't sure I would have for long, and praying to whatever the hell was up there that I would get out of this. That Adriel was still alive, and that Rafael was real.

       I closed my eyes and sucked in air greedily. Just a dream. This was all just one really bad dream. I would wake up in my bed, sweaty and confused. Then Adriel would come in, tell me everything was okay, and hold me until I fell back asleep. Yes, that is what will happen. I was able to calm myself down enough to stop hyperventilating, but when I opened my eyes, I was still in that damn tomb.

       I rolled over and forced my shaky body onto my hands and knees. I knew what I had to do, or at least half of it. The only way I, and Adriel, would get out of this, was by waking him. My choice had been officially taken from me, but I didn't care. I would wake him a thousand times if it meant keeping him alive.

       I used the edge of the slab to help pull me to my feet and steadied myself against its side. I gazed down at the fallen angel chained to stone. He looked some much like Adriel it stole my breath away. My head and back were throbbing, and my body felt too sluggish to do anything, but I forced my hand to move until my fingertips could brush just barely against his cheek.

       His skin was warm, and soft, and made my heart ache. Adriel, not Avidus.

       Or, at least, I kept telling myself that.

       I had to free him. I had to wake him, but Shorzin was right. In all the stories and conversations with Jess and Luke, no one told me how the fuck I was supposed to do that.

       "Um, hey, Adriel. I-I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing here." I poked the side of his cheek, like I could annoy him into waking up. "Look, we're kind of trapped, and I would really appreciate it if you wake up and kicked some ass." I lightly slapped his cheek like that would work where the poking hadn't

       Then a bad idea struck me. Oh god, was I really going to do this?

       Yup.

       I let out a heavy sigh before heaving my body over the edge of the slab and onto the sleeping angel. I tried to place my knees on either side of his giant chest, but those black wings were everywhere, so I had to go down to his stomach. "Adriel!" I leaned over and shouted in his face, but he didn't move. He didn't even blink. I tapped his cheek again, and then slapped both.

       "Fucking wake up!"

       Nothing.

       "What good is being the fucking key if I don't know how to pick a lock!" My voice echoed loudly around the cavern and shook something inside my head.