Chapter 20

Hey guys! I'm trying to get this story out as fast as possible to get back into the HFR flow, but I need two different mindsets for both! I'm still trying to write a few chapters ahead but I wait any longer! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 20

       Adriel and I decided to disband that whole one-time-thing. Even though it's been nearly five days and we haven't slept together since that night. I'm not sure who was waiting on who, but I was too prideful to walk up to him and just be all like 'I want sex', and I'm sure he just wanted the satisfaction of having me make the first move.

       Though, in retrospect, I was the one that started all of this.

       Despite the whole no-sex-again thingy, we didn't go back to being completely platonic. Every once and while, when Raf wasn't looking, Adriel would squeeze my ass when he walked by, or trace that hand slowly around my waist. I would shoot him angry glares and tell him to stop every time, even though something in my stomach fluttered whenever he did. He would just chuckle, then slap my ass for emphasis. Freaking jerk.

       One time, over the weekend, when I was in the kitchen doing the dishes, he even attacked me. Well, not really, but it makes me feel better saying that.

       I had been scrubbing a plate clean when those strong sneaky hands suddenly circled around my waist and slipped under my shirt. Then he licked my neck. Like straight up licked my neck and nipped at my jaw. I was so surprised that I dropped the plate and it shattered in the sink. He only pulled away when Raf came in at the noise.

       I watched my back after that. I couldn't allow anymore sneak attacks when his sister was in the next room. Even though I think Dri only did all of that because he loved the reaction it got out of me. Ass hole.

       There were a couple of cute moments too. Like a few hidden kisses, or little neck massages when we were all sitting on the couch watching TV. I wasn't sure if Raf would even care that her brother and I were 'touchy' now, but I wasn't going to risk ruining her little nine-year-old mind.

       It was Monday when it finally sank in that Dri and I were... Well, that there really was a 'Dri and I'. We weren't like a couple, or dating, or anything. At least, we didn't talk about that, but I knew he was the only man that I wanted. I couldn't even swoon over the shirtless guys playing flag football in the campus park anymore without comparing them to him—and how much better he would look out there instead.

       I had no idea what he thought about me, just that he liked us sleeping together and liked squeezing my ass. He did promise he would never leave though, so I guess that was a good sign.

       "You look good!" River announced when I finally walked into Shorzin's class and sat beside him.

       I raised an eyebrow at the look in those wide hazel eyes. "Why do you sound so surprised?"

       "You just seem so down in the dumps lately, but now you're like glowing."

       I tore my gaze to my laptop I set up on the foldaway desktop. "I just had a good weekend." A great weekend actually. I always felt better after spending time with Raf and Adriel.

       "Good morning class!" Shorzin announced as he walked into the room, decked out in his usual khaki shorts and floral button down. "No lecture today! You're going to be picking the topics for you papers and can use the rest of class time to start creating your outlines." The happy murmurs that filled the room when the professor announced we wouldn't have to take notes died away at the mention of the paper.