- 1 7 - BET

"SO, WHAT? Did you win the Quimmet match?" Amatheia asked excitedly as her daughter told her stories of Hogwarts

"SO, WHAT? Did you win the Quimmet match?" Amatheia asked excitedly as her daughter told her stories of Hogwarts. This year she had many more exciting stories.

Lorelei laughed at her mother's eagerness. "Quidditch, mum. No, we didn't win. Mackle didn't get the Snitch before the Slytherin Seeker. It was a better match than the first time we played Slytherin, though. They are right nasty blokes."

"Hmm, those the ones that tease you?" Amatheia asked as she finished the braid on Lorelei's hair. Lorelei nodded and relished in the feeling of her mother braiding her hair. "Where's Brizo?"

"Spending the day with George at their Aunt Muriel's. He refused to come with me, so he went with him. I feel like he likes George more than me," Lorelei started with a laugh. "Anyway, he'll regret it. Fred told me Aunt Muriel's a mean witch."

"Did you enjoy your birthday party with them last week?" Amatheia loved having her daughter around again. Lorelei nodded. "I'm glad you have friends and a family beside me. Molly takes wonderful care of you like you're her own. It's good to have that."

After she finished the braid, Lorelei went to see if the Weasleys had returned. When she made it to the pond, she saw a man outside the Burrow looking confused. She immediately grinned when she noticed who it was. "Bill!"

Bill turned and smiled at the mermaid he heard about so often. He walked over to the girl, and Lorelei was glad she put George's shirt back on. That shirt lived as her water shirt now. George didn't mind, which made her glad because he truly wasn't getting it back.

"Hi, little one. Where's my family?" Bill asked sitting down near the water.

Lorelei's tail flopped a bit behind her making Bill's eyes widened. He had never seen it up close. Lorelei replied, "Aunt Muriel's home. They should be back soon." Just as she said it, loud voices were heard in the Burrow. "Ah, that would be them."

George and Fred ran out of the Burrow with Brizo in their clutches. They grew excited when they saw Bill. Fred screamed out his name making Molly run outside in excitement. Lorelei watched the exchange happily. She floated around waiting for Brizo to join her after he escaped George's hands.

Brizo looked exhausted. "Rough day, Briz?" Brizo gave her a deadpanned look. "No one told you to go to the mental witch's home, did they? I offered you to stay here, you know."

Brizo huffed and swam around happily.

An hour later, George escaped the family feast and brought some food out for Lorelei. He smirked when he saw the mermaid and the crab playing Marco Polo.

"You know, Briz. This isn't working out if you don't make some sort of sound," Lorelei spoke with a frown. George laughed loudly making Brizo and Lorelei look over at him.

George sunk down into the grass and put the two plates down--one for Brizo and Lorelei. Lorelei brightened up at the sight. "I know you don't get as hungry, but mum thought you'd want some." Brizo was already digging into his plate. "Pig," George muttered teasingly making Brizo glare at him.

Lorelei pushed herself on the grass letting her tail be partly in the water. Lorelei offered George some food as they sat their quietly. George would never not be amazed by the tail she had. It was still as beautiful as it was two years ago.

Bill watched the pair from the window with a drink in his hand. He looked over to his father with a smirk. "Ten sickles they get together," he said motioning toward the window where George had made the mermaid laugh.

Arthur only let out a hearty laugh. "Molly's been planning their wedding for two years now. I wouldn't bet against that." He took a swig of his own drink. "What we could bet on is whether it is Fred or George?" He motioned his own head to Fred now joining the pair sitting by the pond.

Bill snorted. "George, no doubt."

"Ten sickles on Fred, then."

Molly walked in with a teasing grin. "Betting on our sons? What for?" The two men laughed and explained making Molly gush excitedly. "You think so, too! Oh, I'm so glad."

Fred joined his brother and the mermaid with a grin. He loved seeing Lorelei in her mermaid transformation. He sat and stole a roll off of Brizo's plate making the crab growl out angrily.

"We only need a Seeker this year, yeah?" Fred questioned.

Lorelei nodded and laid back between the two boys. George's shirt rose up a bit making the two boys blush at her exposed skin. The end of her tail splashed when she gasped out quietly in excitement. "I have a good feeling about this year for Quidditch."

George leaned back making his brother follow. The three watched the stars together. Lorelei's tail was the only sound as it lightly hit the water.

"Mum likes to name the stars. She doesn't do it often, but she said she used to be obsessed with them. That's why I'm so good at Astronomy. See that constellation?" She asked pointing to the sky in a direction. "That's Andromeda. I like the way the stars move in that one."

"What about that one?" Fred questioned her skills pointing at a random set of stars.

"Perseus," she replied. The twins played a game of asking her to name stars and their constellations. It was so peaceful compared to the normal havoc the twins usually create. After a while, Lorelei smiled at one star in particular.

"See that one over there? That's mum's favorite constellation: Leo. It has her favorite star in it. She told me she could watch that star every night."

"Which star?" George asked as the twins leaned to see where she was pointing.

"A star named Regulus."