- 1 4 6 - A MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

LORELEI'S EYES WIDENED AT HIS WORDS

LORELEI'S EYES WIDENED AT HIS WORDS. His hand froze after the words left his mouth, and his jaw kind of hanged open as if he hadn't even meant to say them. He sat up quickly, Lorelei following a bit slower. His back was to her as his hand shook slightly where it sat next to him.

"I-I mean, I want to marry you one day. I don't mean necessarily right now in our lives... unless you did? No, why would you? You're about to on this mission, and-and we don't know what's going to ha-happen. It's stupid, and I didn't want to bring this on like this--"

"George."

"--why would you want to marry me anyway? It's not like I'm anything special, and you're you. You're beautiful, smart, and the most perfect woman even with your temper that sometimes gets the best of you--"

"George!"

"--I just--you know I love you more than anything in this world. I always thought about whether or not we would make it after the war. Would you even consider marriage? I really should have thought this through--"

"GEORGE!"

He turned to see her smirking slightly. Tilting his head to the side, he asked, "What?"

"Are you asking me to marry you?" Lorelei asked, lifting her hand to rest on top of his shaking one. He glanced at their now intertwined hands before gulping. "George?"

"This isn't how I meant for it to go," he whispered before adding under his breath, "curse my fat mouth!"

"George," Lorelei said again while laughing, raising a questioning eyebrow. He gulped again before nodding. "It would be an honor to marry you."

George's eyes widened as he finally met her gaze. "R-Really?"

Lorelei bit her lip when she saw the light in his eyes reignite. She grinned when he stood up, pulling her with him. He held her firmly to his chest as tears of joy left his eyes. She held him just as tight as she listened to him mumble how much he loved her. When he backed away, he kissed her deeply, pushing every emotion he felt into her. His hands were gently on her face, and he pulled away slightly to place kisses all over her face.

"I-I have a ring at the flat, and-and I'll do it properly--"

"I just need you," she said with her own cheesy grin and added teasingly, "but a ring would be nice."

George grinned again and picked up her. He spun them around as shrieks of laughter came out of Lorelei's mouth.

Fred's voice interrupted their love-fest when he called out, "Oi, what's going on? Somebody getting married or something?" Lorelei and George turned to see him walking up to the pond with a curious expression. They both grinned wider at his words. "Oh, shit... really!? George!"

Fred ran up and pulled his brother from Lorelei's grasp. He held him tightly as he mumbled incoherent things about how happy he was. When he backed up, he hugged Lorelei even tighter causing her to giggle at him. When he finally released her, he pulled out a box from his pocket.

"Y-You forgot it at the flat, a-and I didn't know if you would ever buck up and do it! Here it is, George! Do it, right!" Fred said excitedly, shoving the ring box in George's hands and pushing his shoulders down to make him kneel. Fred backed up when George finally got down on one knee and faced Lorelei.

Lorelei allowed happy tears to find her eyes as he grinned watery as well. "W-Well, I love you. You know that, and I think I've made enough of a fool out of myself with all that blubbering... so, Lorelei Amatheia Calypso Black," he paused and winked when she laughed at her name, "will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

"Yes," Lorelei whispered causing Fred to squeal excitedly from behind them. Before George could get the ring on her finger, a loud screech was heard.

"ARTHUR! ARTHUR, HE PROPOSED TO HER! ARTHUR!" Molly's loud voice boomed over the Burrow's lawn.

George chuckled lightly, finally slipping the ring on her outstretched hand. Fred tackled George on the ground, almost rolling in the pond as the entire Weasley family plus Harry, Fleur, and Remus came outside. When Molly reached Lorelei, she hugged her tightly, tears leaving her eyes.

Remus hugged her next, whispering how happy he was for them. Harry grabbed her tightly, whispering how much she deserved this. She was passed around as George was, all being congratulated.

Bill called out, "Oi, Dad. I believe you owe me ten Sickles!"

Arthur looked at him curiously. "And why is that?"

"Five years ago, you bet she would end up with Fred," Bill said, throwing an arm over Fleur, "and I bet on George, so I win!"

Fred looked appalled.

George pulled Lorelei closer by her waist as Ginny gushed over the ring. Arthur glared at Bill as he handed him his Sickles, and Molly was trying to control her tears. Harry and Ron were making comments about being George's best man, but they knew Fred would be in that position no doubt.

Remus stood proudly near the happy couple, thinking no doubt of how happy Amatheia and Sirius would be. He lifted up Lorelei's hand as Ginny finally let it go, smiling brightly at the ring on her finger.

"It's beautiful, George," Remus complimented that rose gold band with a large diamond in the center. There were small diamonds around it to make the larger one stand out.

George went pink. "Y-Yeah, Fred and Verity came with me one day when you two were dueling. Verity picked it out, said it would bring out Lor's eyes."

"I love Verity!" Lorelei gushed, feeling happy and relaxed for the first moment in a while. "I'm so happy," she said quietly as the family began to walk back to the Burrow to get out of the cold.

"Good. I want to make you happy for the rest of your life," George murmured in her ear.

Harry groaned with a grin. "Get a room."

-
A/N

Happy September first (AKA Back to Hogwarts Day!) !!