- 1 5 6 - NEW RECRUITS

LORELEI FELT HER BODY FREEZE AT THE WORDS

LORELEI FELT HER BODY FREEZE AT THE WORDS. Reynolds seemed to freeze as well because he knew Tyra was right. There was absolutely no way he would kill an unborn child no matter who the mother was. Tyra had lost her baby from a man punching her stomach repeatedly, and he would never allow a woman to go through that. He could not.

Clara swam over to Lorelei, noticing she wasn't responding. She was in shock.

Florence swam forward now, looking at Tyra and Tyra only. "We do not want any trouble. If you could let us go, and the three merfolk you hold captive over there, we can leave in peace."

Tyra smiled brightly at the man before swimming over to Lorelei. Lorelei finally realized the woman was coming near her, and she flinched as Tyra leaned her hand forward. "No, no, my dear. Be not afraid. I just want to see how far along you are. It can't be too far," she mused, placing her hand on Lorelei's stomach. Tyra's hand glowed, and Lorelei felt her stomach tighten in knots at the feeling. There was something inside of her, growing? "Only a month, maybe about five or six weeks. It's going to be so beautiful, red-hair and giant blue eyes--do you want to know the gender?"

"H-How--" was all Lorelei could say.

Clara smiled, placing a loving hand on Lorelei's shoulder. This changed everything. "She's what you wizards and witches called a Seer. Under the seas, Seers are rare and normally hold a talent depending on what large loss they've felt."

"I lost a baby, so I can see the entire life of a child by one touch on the mother's stomach. Did you want to know the gender?" she asked again, softly this time.

Lorelei shook her head, resting her own hand on her stomach. "I'm sorry for--"

"I had a son after that loss. I had a daughter as well. It does not do well to dwell on the past, Lorelei. You must return to the father, this is a time to celebrate what you've created," Tyra said softly. "What's his name?"

"George."

"Give George my love for helping create such a beautiful blessing. The world needs more of those during these dark times," Tyra said, wiping a stray tear from Lorelei's cheek even in the water. She turned to her husband. "Let them go, those three as well." Reynolds released the wizard boy and the guards released the siblings. They quickly swam to the safety of Clara and Florence, behind Lorelei.

Tyra turned to Lorelei again, the witch still touching her stomach with a look of awe on her face. "Dearest Lorelei, I beg you not to return here. They will not be as kind. End your search for aid in this war. Go home to your husband, and try to live a little longer."

Lorelei didn't bother to correct her about George and she not being married, but to her surprise, Tyra pulled her in a hug. After they released, Lorelei thanked the beautiful mermaid three or four times. Tyra just laughed and told her to leave already, she was wasting time.

Thr group of now seven left the large council colony to find safety before talking about anything. Bethany didn't ask any questions as everyone stayed silent. They swam for hours until the waters were so dark, they found a cave to stop for the night.

Lorelei watched as the three unnamed merfolk looked at her with kind smiled. "You are the siblings from the border of Africa. What are your names?"

The man answered first, his bright green tail floating behind him as he extended his hand for her to shake. She did as he said, "Uriah, this is my twin, Ursula." The beautiful woman extended her hand as well. They both had matching tails of green, but what surprised Lorelei was Ursula's streak of white in her hair. "Our parents have been hiding Ursula since she was born because of her hair. She is no half-breed, but they always feared, like you, she would be treated badly. It made no difference, she was treated just as bad at home. We want to join this war, get away from the water."

Lorelei nodded, smiling gratefully. "Thank you for what you did back there. You helped immensely. Without you, I don't think Tyra would have come to my aid. And you... how'd you end up here?" she now spoke to the boy.

He seemed young as he twirled his wand a bit. He grinned a bit lopsidedly before saying, "I went to school at Ilvermorny in America until a bright pink woman walked in asking for any half-breed mermaids or mermen. Once she found me, I was torn away from my parents and sent to South America where I was supposed to wait for you. Apparently someone let slip of your mission. My name is Embry."

Lorelei frowned at the boy's story. He was sent to kill her because someone let slip of her mission in the Ministry. "I'm sorry, Embry. When we surface, I'll bring you home."

"I-I think I want to stay and fight, you know? America didn't get involved with this Dark Lord because he was trying to control you lot first, but if there's a revolution, I want to fight," he said proudly. Lorelei felt her heart warm at his young appearance. As if reading her mind, he said, "I know I'm only fifteen, but I've heard about this Harry Potter character. He's done a lot since he was eleven."

"Harry? Oh, I miss him," Lorelei thought out loud.

Embry's eyes only got bigger as he said quite loudly, "YOU KNOW HARRY POTTER!?"