- 1 7 5 - POTTERWATCH

"WE SINCERELY DO APOLOGIZE FOR OUR TEMPORARY ABSENCE FROM THE AIRWAYS, which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters," Lee started with a grin at those around him

"WE SINCERELY DO APOLOGIZE FOR OUR TEMPORARY ABSENCE FROM THE AIRWAYS, which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters," Lee started with a grin at those around him. Oliver was playing with Ophelia to keep her quiet in the other room as the broadcast went live. "We have now found ourselves in another secure location, and I'm pleased to tell you that two of our regular contributors have joined me here this evening. Evening, boys!"

"Hi," Remus said with a roll of his eyes at the antics of Lee. Kingsley smiled and responded, "Evening, River."

"But before we hear from Royal and Romulus," Lee went on, "let's take a moment to report those deaths that the Wizarding Wireless Network News and Daily Prophet don't think important enough to mention. It is with great regret that we inform our listeners of the murders of Ted Tonks and Dirk Cresswell." Lorelei gasped without meaning to... poor Tonks. "A goblin by the name of Gornuk was also killed. It is believed that Muggle-born Dean Thomas and a second goblin, both believed to have been traveling with Tonks, Cresswell, and Gornuk, may have escaped. If Dean is listening, or anyone has any knowledge of his whereabouts, his parents and sisters are desperate for news.

"Meanwhile, in Gaddley, a Muggle family of five has been found dead in their home. Muggle authorities are attributing the deaths to a gas leak, but members of the Order of the Phoenix inform me that it was the Killing Curse--more evidence, as if it were needed, of the fact that Muggle slaughter is becoming little more than recreational sport under the new regime.

"In the attack on Diagon Alley, two Americans who were coming to fight alongside their son were murdered simply for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Becky and Darrel Hilton, your son lives on to fight and avenge your deaths." Embry began to silently sob in Lorelei's chest, but she didn't let him go. Lorelei mouthed, thank you, to Lee who only nodded in response.

"Finally, we regret to inform our listeners that the remains of Bathilda Bagshot have been discovered in Godric's Hollow. The evidence is that she died several months ago. The Order of the Phoenix informs us that her body showed unmistakable signs of injuries inflicted by Dark Magic.

"Listeners, I'd like to invite you now to join us in a minute's silence in memory of Ted Tonks, Dirk Cresswell, Bathilda Bagshot, Becky and Darrel Hilton, Gornuk, and the unnamed, but no less regretted, Muggles murdered by the Death Eaters."

Lorelei felt Embry move away from her, wiping his eyes and staring at Lorelei's gentle smile. She grabbed his hand as her other was grabbed by George.

"Thank you," Lee said, wiping his own eyes at the sight of the crying boy. "And now we turn to regular contributor Royal, for an update on how the new Wizarding order is affecting the Muggle world."

Kingsley smiled and nodded. "Thanks, River. Muggles remain ignorant of the source of their suffering as they continue to sustain heavy casualties; however, we continue to hear truly inspirational stories of wizards and witches risking their own safety to protect Muggle friends and neighbors, often without the Muggles' knowledge. I'd like to appeal to all of our listeners to emulate their example, perhaps by casting a protective charm over any Muggle dwellings in your street. Many lives could be saved if such simple measures are taken."