- 1 8 4 - THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS

I'm sorry :(

LEE AND BETHANY FOLLOWED THE QUARTET AS THEY MOVED TO DEFEND THE ENTRANCES TO THE CASTLE

LEE AND BETHANY FOLLOWED THE QUARTET AS THEY MOVED TO DEFEND THE ENTRANCES TO THE CASTLE. "A lot of them, aren't there?" Lee had asked. "We'll need to split up to cover more ground. Oi! You lot, what're you doing!?" A few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws that Lorelei recognized came into view.

Hannah Abbott spoke first. "Coming to help you guys. Where do you need us?"

Fred grinned, taking control. "Embry, Lee, Hannah, and I will head this way to cover these entrances. George, you take Lorelei, Ernie, Cho, and Terry that way. We'll meet by the One-Eyed Witch, yeah?"

George nodded, taking Lorelei's hand to squeeze it once. George and Lorelei took off with the few Ravenclaws following as they set up defenses at each opening they passed. George growled out, "If you see anyone willing to help, call them over."

Cho agreed, already seeing one of her friends running toward them.

Before they knew what was happening, spells were being shot their way. Someone had broken into the barrier of Hogwarts. The battle was beginning. Lorelei shouted, "Defend yourselves!" Walls were exploding around her, and the sky was alight with spells.

Running a bit away from George, Lorelei cursed a man who sneered her way. She wasn't sure whether or not it was the time to kill or stun, but when he landed roughly a few feet away on a stone bench with his head burst open, Lorelei felt no remorse.

Grinning slightly at the unconscious man, Lorelei knew she had lost George. She continued to run and fight off Death Eaters, knowing damn well that George was going to lose it once they reunited for separating from him. She was flung backward when a hooded woman approached her, screaming the torturing curse at her. Lorelei screamed, losing grip on her wand. Lorelei felt like her death was approaching when the woman rose her wand again.

Soon, she saw the woman being tackled by a red-head. Faintly smiling, Percy stood up quickly to help Lorelei stand. Lorelei saw Fred appearing, glaring at the woman as he sent a spell to knock her out cold.

"Where's George?" Fred asked painfully.

"Lost him when the Death Eater's came at us. We were fine, and then, they came in rather quickly," Lorelei breathed out as another set of hooded Death Eaters seemed to approach them. Percy and Fred tried to defend Lorelei, but the mermaid was angry now. She was ready to fight. Embry turned a corner, allowing his eyes to darken and teeth to elongate.

Lorelei followed, watching as the Death Eater in front of her seemed to panic. Embry, forgetting his wand, jumped forward with his talons to slash the Death Eater's face. "Don't fucking touch her," Embry snarled before using his wand to cast a curse.

Lorelei's eyes darkened when more Death Eaters seemed to be closing in around them.

Thicknesse, the Minister of Magic, soon joined the duel. Percy grinned as he shouted, "Hello, Minister!" He sent a curse causing the Minister to claw at his robes in discomfort. "Did I mention I'm resigning?"

Lorelei shot a spell at the man, sending him to the ground into some form of sea urchin. Fred moved to stand next to Lorelei as he said, "You're joking, Perce!" Lorelei and Embry shot spells at the Death Eaters in front of them as Harry, Hermione, and Ron appeared. There were flashes of light everywhere, the Death Eaters seemingly multiplying as Harry was showing himself. "You actually are joking, Perce... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were--"

The air exploded.

Lorelei felt someone grab her hand, smoke blocked any vision. She was thrown in the air, landing roughly on the ground after hitting a column. She could feel her head bashed open, liquid already dripping into her eye. She could hear screams and yells of terror as the air was impossible to see what was going on. Lorelei felt terrified.

There was something that rested on top of Lorelei's body as the air moved to clear. It was grey, the darkness seemed to never end as she slowly pushed off the wreckage that laid on her bruised legs. Someone was still clutching her hand, but the ringing in her ear did not drown out the screams.

Only then, did she realize they were her own.

Eyes staring back at her, lifeless and dull. A terrified expression on his face, and goddamnit, Lorelei couldn't stop screaming. She moved quickly, the hand next to her refusing her movement. The hand pulled back, pulling her into his chest as he, too, stared at the dead body only a few feet away.

Percy cried out in shock, Ron moving to help him up. Hermione and Harry appeared through the ashes and smoke, the boy who lived coming to sit right in front of Lorelei. He cupped her face, pleading her to stop crying, to stop screaming. They had to get out of there. They had to move.

"Get down!" was barely heard as Lorelei was forced down by the person holding her to his chest. More curses flew their way. "Come on, Lorelei, we have to move!" Harry shouted again as Lorelei continued to weep as she tried to fight to move toward him. She finally managed to break free, going to lay over his body. "Lorelei, there is nothing you can do for him! We're going to--"

Hermione screamed as a large, monstrous spider climbed through the hole in the wall. Lorelei felt Percy try and move her, but it was no use. "It brought friends!" Harry yelled again. Harry moved to Lorelei, pulling her face to meet his. "We have to go. Come on, Lorelei!"

Lorelei felt someone grab his feet while Harry grabbed his head as the pair moved the dead body. Ron helped Lorelei up as the rest of them followed Harry. Lorelei clutched his wand next to hers, anger beginning to fill her veins.

She kept losing everyone! Every single fucking person that came into her life was killed brutally, and Lorelei was losing her mind as she stared at the lifeless body. Once Harry said, "Here," he helped push the body behind the niche where a suit of armor once stood. Lorelei turned to stare at Death Eaters who continued to fight.

With the anger filling her veins, she took off running with Percy and Fred following as the lifeless body of Embry Hilton waited for their return.