- 1 2 5 - LAST MEETING

PROFESSOR TRELAWNEY WAS TO BE REPLACED BY A HALF-BREED NAMED FIRENZE

PROFESSOR TRELAWNEY WAS TO BE REPLACED BY A HALF-BREED NAMED FIRENZE. It all happened one Monday evening a few weeks after the Quibbler incident. Lorelei found herself grinning at the misfortune of Umbridge. She hated half-breeds more than anything, and Lorelei couldn't help but like the new Divination teacher even if she didn't take it. He was like her, and he was dealing with the repercussions like her.

She spoke to him only once, asking about his banishment from his herd and why he came to work for Dumbledore if he knew the outcome. He spoke to her calmer than he did the other students, Harry noticed when he walked in for his lesson to see them talking. She sat on one of the desks while he stood near her. Lorelei told him that evening it was because she was a half-breed herself. The merfolk in the water hated her and didn't like her returning to the water since she was part-witch. Firenze was similar.

At the next DA meeting, no one knew it would be their last. Patronuses were the topic of discussion, and Lorelei was finding it hard to be happy. All of her best memories reminded her in some way of her mother, which was still a sore topic for her. She was not the only one having difficulties, Neville couldn't even get a spark from his wand.

"You've got to think of something happy," Harry told the pair when he passed them.

"I'm trying," Neville replied, failing again miserably at thinking of something happy. Lorelei didn't respond to Harry, she only groaned loudly. Her anger rose because there were so many happy moments in her life, why couldn't she think of one.

"I wish I learned with Remus like you both wanted," Lorelei muttered to Fred and George who were next to her and had no problem conjuring their Patronus. "Maybe then I would've been happier."

George frowned, dropping his wand to move to Lorelei. He cupped her face and gave her a smile. "What're you thinking about?"

"Every memory leads back to my Mum," she said, frowning more. "What do you think about?"

"You and Fred," George said with a grin.

Lorelei snorted, thinking of any good memories she had. Then, she decided to think of her Mum in a better light. Pushing George away, she pointed her wand in the air. She thought of George, how he helped her through her grief. She thought of Fred and Harry, both being there for her when she needed it. She thought of Sirius and Remus dancing with her and telling her stories of their younger years. When she thought of Sirius spinning her dramatically to the Queen song over the holidays, she smiled and yelled out, "Expecto Patronum!"

A white light from her wand shone brighter than anyone's attempt in the room. Suddenly, a crab, beautiful and shiny, began to crawl around the room. The crab went to George first, flying around his head, then to Harry who was beaming at the girl. People stopped to see the girl's Patronus. Grinning, she put down her wand, the crab disappearing.

Harry attacked her in a hug. "What were you thinking about?" he asked. George pulled her in for a hug afterward.

He kissed her cheek as she replied quietly, "Snuffles and Remus. George, Fred, and You."

Harry grinned and was about to say something when the door to the Room of Requirement opened. Everyone looked around, but no one knew who walked in until Harry felt a tug on his robe. Looking down, it was Dobby who held a fearful look on his face.

"Harry Potter...she...she"

"Who's 'she' Dobby?" Harry asked. Dobby didn't answer. He only looked even more fearful. "Umbridge?" The elf nodded and tried to bang his head on Harry's knees. "What about her? Dobby--she hasn't found out about us--about the DA?"

The elf nodded again, trying to kick himself.

"Is she coming?" Harry asked quietly.

Dobby yelled out loudly, "YES, Harry Potter, yes!"

Harry's face was terrified. He looked around at those waiting for him to say something. "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? RUN!"

George grabbed Lorelei's hand before she could do anything. Fred pushed passed people, grabbing Lorelei's other hand. Lee followed the trio, looking around for anyone to catch them. The three knew they wouldn't make it to the Gryffindor common room, so they ran to the nearest classroom: McGonagall's. She was not there, so they shut the door and went to the other side of the room, nearer to her office. They could hear a commotion outside, other students running away.

"Who told, d'you reckon?" Lee asked, catching his breath and leaning on McGonagall's desk.

Lorelei let go of the twins' hands, drawing her wand just in case a Slytherin came out of nowhere and found them. "We'll know soon enough. Hermione told me she put a jinx on the parchment. Whoever signed their name was in a binding contract. If they snitched, the word SNEAK would be on their face in pimples."

The twins and Lee howled in laughter at that. Lorelei looked outside, deeming it clear. It was still before curfew, so if anyone did find them, they could just say they went for a walk. No one would have evidence to say otherwise at that moment.