- 8 4 - DATES

LORELEI SAT IN THE STANDS FOR THE FIRST TASK ANXIOUSLY

LORELEI SAT IN THE STANDS FOR THE FIRST TASK ANXIOUSLY. She and Hermione had spent the whole night teaching Harry the summoning charm, thanks to Moody. Lorelei didn't like him one bit, but he did help immensely with the simple spell. Harry could fly. That's what he would use in the tournament.

That was what he did use indeed. Fred and George cheered loudly around Lorelei who was only praying to the stars above that the boy didn't get burnt to a crisp. He had gotten the egg spectacularly. He was a wonderful wizard, even at fourteen. She cheered so loud, George had to pull her back from flying out of the stands. Harry had tied with Viktor Krum for first place.

Charlie had said hello to all of them, hugging the life out of Lorelei when he finally was able to get away from his dragon friends. George frowned at how handsy the older brother was with her. Charlie hadn't let her go until they had to leave whether it was an arm around her shoulder or touch to her lower back to guide her through crowds.

Lorelei didn't notice, however. She said goodbye to the older Weasley and followed the twins to the kitchens. Fred and George had another party ready to go. Lorelei smirked at them. The twins lived off of parties.

When Harry had opened the egg he won with the clue inside, a screeching sound was heard. Lorelei covered her ears, dropping her cup of Butterbeer in the process. Frowning after Fred had yelled for him to shut it, she made her way to get another one.

Everyone tried to guess what it meant. Neville said it was as bad as the Cruciatus, which made George call him a prat. He insisted Harry had to fight Percy singing in the shower, causing Lorelei to laugh a little too loudly because she had heard Percy. It was bad.

Neville had taken a Canary Cream, Lorelei's idea from their second year, and transformed into a bird. Fred laughed loudly as did everyone else. Neville transformed back into his original self right afterward. Lorelei laughed and yelled, "We invented them, the twins and I. Seven Sickles each for one!"

George grinned at her. He loved the way she helped them with the shop. She was perfect, he thought. He yelled, "A bargain, really!"

When December finally hit, Lorelei was glad for Christmas until she heard what was happening--the Yule Ball! Lorelei almost went sick at the thought of dancing at a ball. The girls in her year were freaking out over dresses and dates. DATES? Lorelei hadn't even thought about dates. Harry had been moaning about having a dance partner, as McGonagall had told him.

Fred and George had now welcomed the boy around them, not like they hadn't before, but they knew why he stuck close to Lorelei when Ron or Hermione weren't around. The boy was a nervous wreck about finding a partner to the ball, and the twins loved to make fun of him for it.

"Oi, who're you taking, then?" Harry said with a smirk. Fred and George immediately hushed up, but Fred smirked. Harry crossed his arms over his chest and looked over at Lorelei. "And you? You're going?"

"It's mandatory," Lorelei said without looking up from her Defense assignment from Snape. "I have to go to Hogsmeade at some point, Harry. Don't let me forget. I need a bloody dress." Harry hummed, "Will do," before leaving to find Hermione and Ron who had just walked in.

They saw Ron begin building an Exploding Snap card castle while Harry fell in a chair near Hermione. Lorelei had grabbed a piece of new parchment and began to scrawl another letter to Bagman. He had successfully avoided the twins and the mermaid all throughout the First Task.

"Bloody Bagman," Lorelei muttered while scrawling out a bit of a meaner letter. Fred and George approved it while standing up. Fred snatched the letter from her hands. Walking to Ron just as the Exploding Snaps exploded on him, Fred said, "Nice look, Ron. Go well with your dress robes, that will."

"Ron, can we borrow Pigwidgeon?" George asked while the two boys sat on the chairs around the tables. Lorelei sat on the arm of the chair that George sat on.

"No, he's off delivering a letter," Ron said, "Why?"

"Because George wants to invite him to the ball," said Fred sarcastically.

"Because we want to send a letter, you stupid great prat," George said moving his arm around Lorelei's waist when he saw her almost fall off the chair of laughter at his words.

"Who d'you three keep writing to, eh?" Ron asked.

"Nose out, Ronald," Lorelei said with a twinkle in her eyes as Fred finished and said, "Or I'll burn that for you too. So you have a date yet, Ron, Hermione?"

"No," Ron said with a frown.

"Well, you'd better hurry up, mate or all the good ones will be gone," Fred said with a smirk.

"Who're you going with, then?" said Ron.

"Angelina," Fred said winking at Harry who laughed since he just asked the same question and received no response. Harry knew Fred just said it to make Ron aggravated.

"What?" said Ron. "You've already asked her?"

"Good point," Fred said. He turned his head and called across the Common Room, "Oi! Angelina!"

Angelina stared at the boy with her own smirk. She nodded her head urging him to go on. "What?"

"Want to come to the ball with me?"

"All right, then," she called and turned back to Alicia and Lee. Lorelei and Alicia had spoken once or twice, but they were friends by no means. Angelina was friends with everyone, so Lorelei was not surprised to see them talking.

"There you go," Fred said to Harry and Ron, "piece of cake. Come on, George, Lor. Better use a school owl..."

"Use Hedwig if she's there," Harry called to Lorelei.

Lorelei nodded and the trio left. She sighed dramatically into George's side. He chuckled at her. "Well, what's wrong, then?"

"This ball is a piece of crap."

"Hmmph," he replied glancing at Fred who gave him a knowing look. Fred nudged the boy and raised his eyebrows suggestively.