- 7 1 - DARK MARK

LORELEI SMILED AS SHE ALLOWED GEORGE TO PAINT HER FACE IN IRELAND COLORS

LORELEI SMILED AS SHE ALLOWED GEORGE TO PAINT HER FACE IN IRELAND COLORS. He was so focused on it as the other teenagers were bustling around the tent. They were about to leave.

"Almost done?" she inquired.

"Shh, you'll mess me up," George said with a grin. He glided his fingers in an odd motion on her face.

"Now, I'm nervous. Fred! What is doing to my face?" she asked with wide-eyes.

Fred walked over and smirked. "Nothing to worry your tail over, my dearest Lorelei."

After he was done, she walked to the mirror to see clovers all over her face. She chuckled at the image, but she said nothing. She loved it, of course. George did it, how could she not love it? Winking at George through the mirror, she turned as Arthur called to leave.

Lorelei threw an arm around Harry as they walked out of the tent. He beamed at her after a moment of hesitation. "You've been avoiding me, Potter. I don't like it."

"Avoiding? I don't think that's the proper term," he said with a nervous laugh. He thought about that letter he received, and he knew she caught onto his odd behavior. He needed to quick it, act as if he received nothing.

"I'll find out, Harry. Mark my words," she said sternly before placing a sloppy kiss on his cheek. He groaned and wiped it off as she laughed and walked away to Charlie.

Once at the top box, everyone took a seat. Lorelei was excited about the match. She loved Quidditch, and this match was between two very good teams. George had persuaded her to root for Ireland, but she didn't care. Both teams were great. The first thing that happened was a dance from these women; however, they weren't just any women. They were veelas, says Arthur. She didn't understand what they were until she saw what was happening. Lorelei groaned as all the men around her were entranced by these women.

Lorelei grabbed Fred and George's arms and yanked them back into their seats with a frown on her face. They were trying to pull away from the mermaid, but once the Veelas disappeared, they shook their heads and glanced at each other worriedly. Each asked what happened, but Lorelei ignored them.

"Men," Lorelei grumbled.

The match was brutal and bloody. Viktor Krum was a horrible mess, but the Ireland Chasers were too good. Lorelei cheered as loud as she could. The game was going in favor of Ireland for sure. Maybe they could win their bet...Lorelei didn't notice, but George was watching Lorelei more than the match itself.

The best part of the match was the ending because Ireland won even though Viktor Krum had caught the Snitch. They had won the bet! Fred and George were almost in tears as they hugged each other with Lorelei stuffed in the middle.

It was a rather funny sight.

Fred, George, and Lorelei walked to Ludo Bagman who glanced nervously at the trio. "Ah...yes, I owe you how much?"

Fred grinned and outstretched his hand.

On their way back to the tent, Arthur mumbled that they shouldn't tell Molly about the gambling because she would most likely take the money as punishment. Lorelei could see Fred and George happily holding their bag of money that was no doubt going straight to their shop.

There was not much celebrating after the game. The teenagers were all tired and worn, but as soon as they were in their beds, they were being awoken. There was a terrible ruckus happening outside that Arthur was very concerned about. George grabbed Lorelei's hand and kept her close to him once they heard the screams.

Arthur gulped when they saw the cloaked figures emitting fire from their wands in many tents. Screams were heard and Ron looked like he was to be sick when the Muggle Roberts family were being harassed. Bill, Charlie, and Percy emerged from the tent with their wands ready staring at Arthur.

"We're going to help the Ministry. You lot--get into the forest, and stick together. I'll come to fetch you when we sorted this out."

"C'mon," Fred said grabbing Ginny's hand. The twins looked serious now as they were in charge, very much in contrast to their normal bright grins. George held Lorelei's hand tightly as they left the tent.

Lorelei looked back at the Golden Trio. "Come on," she urged. Fred, Ginny, George, and Lorelei made it to the forest, but when Lorelei turned around again, the Golden Trio was gone.

"George! Harry, Ron, and Hermione are gone," she cried out. George cursed and called out for Fred. Fred tightened his grip on Ginny's hand since they had stopped. Ginny's face was as terrified as Lorelei's. Fred frowned and said, "We just need to stick together and stay right here. They'll find us, or they'll stay put."

Lorelei nodded and heard another scream causing her to flinch. George pulled her into his chest and he drew out his wand. It was dark, so he used the lighting charm. Fred and Ginny gave him a look, but he didn't care. He wouldn't get in trouble with the Ministry. There was too much going on, and if need be, he would shoot a spell to defend them.

Lorelei was shaking in his arms as a mark appeared in the sky. It was a skull with a snake slithering through its mouth. Lorelei stared wide-eyed at it. Many people were laughing or screaming, but when Lorelei looked up, she was curious. "G-George? What's that?"

Fred, Ginny, and George both looked at the mark with a grim expression. "That, Lor, is the Dark Lord's mark. It's cast when someone is killed by a Death Eater," Fred explained with a dark tone. He pulled out his wand and gestured for the two girls to do it as well. "Keep hold of Lorelei, George. I've got Ginny."

After a few moments, they heard a voice yelling that it was all right and for everyone who had fled to get back to their tents. Fred nodded to George who both walked ahead of the girls, but they held a hand in theirs firmly. When they made it back to the tent, Charlie immediately grabbed Ginny and hugged her tight. Bill did the same with Lorelei. Percy nodded at his brothers, they could be serious when they needed to be. When Charlie backed away, he patted the twins on their shoulders.

"I'm glad to see you four are alright. Where are the others?" Bill asked.

Lorelei felt tears well up in her eyes when she looked around and didn't see Harry. "W-We were moving too fast and there were so many people. I'm not sure where they are."

Charlie smiled at her. "The bad folks are gone, Lor. I'm sure they are fine. Don't beat yourself about it."

After a while, they heard footsteps and Charlie stuck his head out to see Arthur returning with Hermione, Ron, and Harry. Lorelei felt her chest loosen again and pulled Harry into a hug mumbling she was sorry. The boy was frightened at first but held her back when he saw George staring at her with worried eyes.