- 1 9 3 - A MARCH TO THE SEA

THE NIGHT WAS SLOWLY COMING TO A CLOSE

THE NIGHT WAS SLOWLY COMING TO A CLOSE. There was only a soft lull of music as a few couples stayed dancing. George and Lorelei were one of the pairs, Lorelei's head resting on George's shoulder.

The entire Weasley family tried to coax the newlyweds to go on a honeymoon of sorts, but George left it up to Lorelei. Lorelei declined, wanting nothing more than to fix up the joke shop and move forward with the next chapter of their lives. There was a lot of work that needed to be done, and Lorelei was ready to be of use and help them.

Lorelei had asked Andromeda if she had any need for Remus's old cottage. Andromeda laughed, saying she had no say so, and since Lorelei was his goddaughter, it should go to her. So as the pair swayed, Lorelei brought this to George's attention. He grinned, thinking it was a great idea. It was large enough to fit the small family, and Fred would have the flat to himself. Of course, as Fred and Angelina danced quietly a few feet away, Lorelei knew he wouldn't ever be alone.

Lorelei looked around as her eyes grew heavy. Ophelia was on her mind, and she saw the baby resting on Harry's shoulder as she slept. The boy who lived and Ginny sat at one of the tables, hands intertwined.

It was really only the Weasleys left in the tent. Charlie had gone to bed, Bill and Fleur were cleaning up things with a flick of their wands. Ron and Hermione danced somewhere away from the pair. Lorelei sighed in contentment as she thought back to how perfect this day was.

There were many tears, but none were worse than when George had said his vows. Lorelei shut her eyes, still hearing his words:

George had just listened to everything Aberforth had said, but he was just waiting for his cue to do his vows. Of course, he had not written a thing down, but he knew he'd do better to come just from the heart. When Aberforth looked for George to begin, George took a deep breath.

"Lorelei Amatheia Calypso Black... soon-to-add Weasley," he started causing the audience to laugh. "Yeah, you've learned a lot about your life since surfacing in my pond almost nine years ago. I'll never forget eleven-year-old me coaxing a beautiful mermaid like yourself to leave the waters for the first time just because I was curious! And you did it, too! I remember Mum running outside almost having a heart attack at the sight of you." The audience laughed again as Lorelei grinned at the memories. "It feels like a lifetime ago. As the years went by, I was always the one you seemed to lean on the most, and I found myself not thinking twice about it for a while.

"But then we grew and feelings change, and I'll never forget how jealous I was of Harry fricking Potter that he was able to escort you to the Yule Ball and I couldn't—"

"You were too afraid to ask," Fred stage-whispered causing the audience to laugh again. George elbowed Fred's stomach.

"Either way, I knew the odd feeling was love. Lorelei, I have loved you through thick and thin. I know you've been given the worst luck a woman could have, but I'll always be here through it all. I'll listen to any rant, any cry, any joy that you think is important because you are my life. You've given me the most beautiful daughter. You've given me a happiness like no other. I love you, Lorelei. I can't wait to spend forever with you."

Lorelei was wiping under her eyes with a glare to George. "Angelina is going to kill me for ruining her makeup!" He chuckled as she composed herself. "Okay, so you reminisced on our first meeting and all of the good times, but the days I look back to most are the hard ones. You're right to say I've never been dealt the best cards, but I think it comes down to perspective when looking back. I'm right where I'm supposed to be with a beautiful baby girl and a loving husband staring at me even if there were times when I truly felt as if my world was ending.

"Anytime those horrible feelings erupted inside of me, you were there. George Weasley, you are the most patient man I've ever known. Through every jealous-spell, every d-death, every night tremor... you were there. You make me laugh when no one else can, and I've never felt like I deserved you in my life. I always felt as you were the purest thing on the Earth, something I didn't deserve to bring down. But you've loved me anyhow, and we created such a beautiful soul who is going to be so loved in our large family. I can't wait for forever with you, Georgie."

"Hey, love. You're crying again," he teased, pulling her chin to look up at him. She scowled. "Ah, Ophelia learns that face from you."

"Just thinking of what you said in your vows," she said honestly after hitting his chest once at the comment.

George kissed her lips once. "I meant every word."

"I love you," she whispered, capturing his lips again.

"And I love you, my mermaid," he said cheekily, squeezing her sides.

"You know where we should go?" Lorelei said, feeling her body tingling at the thought.

"To the sea?" George asked, seeing the idea light a fire in her eyes.

"I haven't been since we went into hiding, but my body knew there was no way we could go. Plus, looking after Lia—"

"Love, you don't have to convince me," he said with a laugh, linking their arms together as he began a silly march out of the tent.

Harry called out to them. "And where are you two going?"

George grinned as he yelled back. "Watch Lia! We're going to swim!"

"I wanna come!" Fred exclaimed, laughing when George picked Lorelei up bridal style.

Angelina hit Fred's chest. "Leave them alone. They deserve a few hours away from you." Fred pouted, but Angelina surprised everyone there by kissing his pouting lips. "Now, stop pouting, you prat."

Lorelei laughed when the pair disapparated to the island Sirius hid at for months. The moon was full, shining on the water. Lorelei knew she was home wherever George was, but the water called out to her as it always had. Taking a deep breath, she stripped and dived straight into the water where her tail formed instantaneously.

-
A/N

Only. Two. More. Chapters. Oh. My. Godric.