- 4 0 - FAVORITE PERSON

THE HEIR OF SLYTHERIN WAS MOVING

THE HEIR OF SLYTHERIN WAS MOVING. Colin Creevy, Justin Finch-Fletchley, and Nearly Headless Nick were all victims. They were petrified.

Lorelei frowned while sitting in the Common Room way earlier than normal. The new curfews and rules that were set had Lorelei feeling cooped up. She wanted to go home to her pond and not swim up until she had to. She didn't even want to spend the upcoming holidays with the Weasleys; however, Ron had asked them all to stay again on behalf of Harry. Lorelei couldn't say no to Harry.

She had gone to the pond on two other occasions. The new rules had also prevented her from an easy swim. She needed to transform soon, so she decided to wait until the Christmas holidays when no one would be staying at Hogwarts besides the odd few. After all, no one wanted to stay near the heir of Slytherin.

Ginny had been very quiet recently, and Lorelei decided to be a good 'older sister figure' and talk to her about it. But when she did, Ginny said she was fine and didn't want to talk to anyone. Percy says Ginny is distraught over the happenings at Hogwarts. Lorelei missed the years where the worst things to happen was Fred and George blowing up a toilet or pranking Filch.

Lorelei found it rather odd that the twins were keeping quiet this year. She supposed it had to do with the heir of Slytherin dampening the mood. She did see the other day a few fifth-years getting tripped in the hallway and falling into a pile of dung bombs. She managed to crack a smile at the twins.

During Potions, Snape had the nerve to place Lorelei partnered with Alicia. He smirked at her when she glared. Snape was different to her than the other students, but he still loved to make her angry. Lorelei had a feeling Snape enjoyed watching students suffer.

The entire period, Angelina and Fred watched Lorelei out of the corner of their eyes. They were just waiting for her to explode. George and Alicia still snogged, much to her dismay. Though, Fred and Angelina noticed Alicia only did it often when Lorelei was around. Lorelei still wasn't hanging out with them as often. She preferred Percy, Ginny, or Ron's friends than them, and Fred hated it. She was their friend. He missed her, and he could tell George did, too. Even if he was a bloody idiot and ignoring her.

After Potions, to which Lorelei completely ignored Alicia and did the potion herself, Fred walked briskly to Lorelei.

"Hello, Lor. Fancy seeing you here," he said with a smirk. He watched her crack a small smile as she said hello. "Listen. Why don't you sit with us at dinner? I'm sure Percy and Ginny wouldn't miss you for one meal time. Ron might, but who cares."

"I'd love to, Freddie, but I can't. I rather not watch them suck faces," she muttered clutching her books tighter to her chest.

"C'mon, Lor. I miss you. Angie misses you. Lee. George, too," Fred said with his own frown.

Lorelei sighed. "Fine. I'll see you then." She left in a hurry making Fred frown until he felt two bodies begin walking next to him. Alicia and George.

George frowned at Lorelei's retreating figure. "Hey, Freddie? Has she been to the lake recently? I'm worried about her."

"Why?" Alicia said with her own frown.

George wasn't expecting her to sound so harsh. He looked at her with a timid smile. "Hey, Al? I'll see you in a bit. I want to talk to Freddie for a moment." He winced when Alicia huffed off.

"I don't know why you keep snogging her. Do you even like her?" Fred said as they made it to Divination.

"I-I think? She's a good snog. I don't know," George felt terrible. How could he keep kissing a girl he didn't even know if he liked? And what was worse was every time he was kissing Alicia, he saw another pair of eyes in his head. And he felt sick thinking about her when she wasn't even talking to him. "Oh, Freddie. I think I made a mistake."

"Hmm, almost Christmas. Took longer than I thought," Fred said with a grin.

Later at dinner, Lorelei sat herself down quietly next to Angelina. The twins and Lee were in an argument and Alicia was nowhere to be found. She saw Ron, Harry, and Hermione a few seats down whispering. She narrowed her eyes at Harry when he looked up.

"What are you up to?" she mouthed to him making his eyes widen. He gave her a hesitant smile and leaned back to his conversation. She would figure it out.

George had noticed Lorelei after a few moments. He hadn't even realized she had sat down. He gave her a wild smile. "Hey, Lor!"

She looked up at him in surprise. The two hadn't really spoken to each other. She gave him a mimic of Harry's hesitant smile. "Hi, George."

He grinned and went back to his conversation with Lee and Fred. It felt normal for once. Alicia wasn't around; Angelina and Lorelei were enjoying it.

George went under the table and appeared next to Lorelei making her jump a bit in fright. "What're you doing, George?"

"Sitting by my favorite person. Obviously," he said with a roll of his eyes. He began to eat as if nothing had happened.

"Oh, really," Lorelei drawled. "I don't see Alicia anywhere."

George had a chicken wing hanging out of his mouth. "Hmm? Oh, no," he said while swallowing what was in his mouth. "I haven't seen her since I told her I couldn't snog her anymore. She was making my lips chapped, you see. And between us," he began to whisper, "she wasn't that good of a snog, to begin with."

Lorelei looked over at Fred and Angelina who wore matching smirks. Lee just smiled as he was happy to have Lorelei back with them. He loved his friends all together again.

-
A/N

I made #1 in the tag of remuslupin! What!?! I'm actually in the process of writing a Marauders fanfic...coming soon! It's a Remus Lupin story, so I'm excited. Thanks for the votes and comments!

Happy reading!