- 1 6 2 - BACK TO HOGWARTS

MONTHS PASSED SINCE LORELEI SURFACED FROM THE WATER

MONTHS PASSED SINCE LORELEI SURFACED FROM THE WATER. March quickly between April, which quickly became May. In March, someone had tried to poison Ron, the twins pleading Lorelei to stay home while they went to visit him. Lorelei was now four months pregnant, and George hadn't liked to leave her side for things except work. He didn't like her leaving the house too often either.

Embry had gotten it approved (somehow) to stay in Lorelei's care (once again, somehow) when he messaged his parents. He had been sleeping on the couch in the flat above the shop while being taught all sorts of spells from Lorelei. It was his O.W.L. year he was missing, but Umbridge seemed to not care about that. Dumbledore promised his parents and Embry that he would allow the boy to take his exams with the other students at Hogwarts. Thus, Lorelei had been up many nights with Embry, catching him up.

Not very surprisingly, he was a smart boy. He caught on quick and allowed Lorelei to get him to a spot that would get good results on his examinations.

Uriah and Ursula lived with Clara and Florence in the Burrow. Clara and Molly had connected quite well, much to the pleasure of Lorelei. Florence was still at odds with the whole scenario, but he couldn't deny enjoying home-cooked meals and sleeping. Uriah and Ursula made sure to stay out of Molly's way even when she said they weren't, but Ursula was having the time of her life. Lorelei took her to the flat to wander in Diagon Alley one day. Remus and George were not happy about that, saying Lorelei had no business wandering while pregnant. The mermaid stuck her tongue out at them like the mature woman she was.

Bethany was living with Angelina, actually. It was so she could talk more with Lee, of course, but Angelina truly enjoyed the company. More often than not, the pair were in Lorelei's company when Angelina was not at work.

When the second week of June finally was there, Lorelei made it to be five months pregnant. She got dressed in a floral teal dress that reached her knees. She threw a white coat over her body before slipping on white flats. She put her wand in her pocket and ran a tired hand through her hair. George watched from the bed as it was too early in the morning, but he knew better than to argue anymore over the matter at hand.

Someone needed to bring Embry to take the exams.

It was a two week affair that Lorelei remembered well. They would be staying inside the castle for those two weeks, thus the argument from George. He wanted her with him, but he felt better about the castle than he did the waters. At least at Hogwarts, Dumbledore and Harry were there. After the poison scare, George wasn't feeling too good about it, but Lorelei has persuaded him to let her go.

He could see how excited she was. After Embry's parents had said Embry was to stay with Lorelei and Lorelei only, Lorelei took on her motherly role very quickly. She was also very excited because Dumbledore had considered this a 'mission' for her since she couldn't do much else. Embry was her responsibility, and she loved it.

"Embry! Are you awake?" Lorelei called, not wanting to miss their Apparition time. Dumbledore said during the early morning between five and six would be the only time the Apparation seal on Hogwarts would break. They were to Apparate into his office. She heard Embry muffle something incoherently, so she rolled her eyes and went to find him. He was still sleeping on the couch, body sprawled and blankets messed up. "Get up before we're late!"

Embry shot up quickly, Lorelei sounding all too like his mother. Giving her a mock salute, he sauntered to the bathroom to do his business.

Lorelei walked back into her room to find George had pulled out her bag and was making sure she had everything. He turned and smiled gently at her. Crouching to her stomach, he placed a large kiss on it causing Lorelei to giggle as she put her hands in his hair.

"Good morning, Peanut," George whispered, hand finding her stomach to caress it. "Be good for Mummy. Don't give her too much of a hard time,
okay? I'm going to miss you both so much."

"Tell Daddy we'll be fine," Lorelei mumbled, causing George to look up with a smirk. "Oh, stop it!"

George stood up to his full height and placed a loving kiss on her lips. Smiling, he said, "Tell Ginny and Ickle-Ronniekins that they are ordered to look after you. Harry, too."

"George," Lorelei laughed, pulling him in for a hug.

"I hate goodbyes," George said, a frown forming on his face. "We do it too often."

"Dumbledore said you're allowed to come on Saturday to Hogsmeade. He'll allow you in the castle for a while," she reminded him. "Embry needs to take these exams."

"I know," George said with a smile thinking of the boy. "Can we keep him? Oh, please, Lor!"

Lorelei laughed, holding him tighter.

When Embry was finally ready and had given Lorelei his clothes and things to put in her bag, Fred finally woke up. It was the same process as George, begging her to be careful as he, too, kissed her stomach goodbye. George and Fred crossed their arms over their chests to look at Embry.

"You take care of her, Embry," Fred started.

"If we hear anything happened to her, we'll cut off your ear," George threatened causing Lorelei to snort a laugh in her hand at Embry's frightened face.

"R-Right. No, she's in great hands... THE BEST. I can take great care of her," Embry said, putting his hand in her own. Lorelei gave a finaly kiss to George on the lips and Fred on the cheek before holding her stomach as they Apparated into Hogwarts.

Embry groaned as he fell onto the ground, almost bringing Lorelei with him when they reached Dumbledore's office.

"Holy shit, Lor. I haven't Apparated in--"

"That'll do, Mr. Hilton."

Lorelei smiled widely at the amused face of Professor McGonagall.