- 2 3 - TEMPER

MONTAGUE AND PUCEY KNOCKED INTO LORELEI'S SHOULDERS AS THEY PASSED HER

MONTAGUE AND PUCEY KNOCKED INTO LORELEI'S SHOULDERS AS THEY PASSED HER. Montague snorted when she didn't fight back. He turned.

"Hey, Calypso! No comment?" He smirked when she stopped and turned around. His smirk dropped when he saw her dark eyes.

"Lay off, Montague," she hissed and walked off.

She had just dealt with Warrington in the Potion's corridor before. Warrington was speaking to the first-year Slytherins quite rudely about her. That little ferret Malfoy almost received a transfigured face.

"Oh, no. You don't get to walk away from me, Calypso," Pucey replied following after her. He pulled her arm to turn her harshly. "Learn to respect your superiors."

Lorelei yanked her arm away from him and drew out her wand. Pointing it at him, he didn't even flinch. Montague and Pucey smirked and pulled out their own wands.

"Don't start something you won't finish, Calypso," Montague said with a grin.

Lorelei's eyes darkened profusely. She felt her anger rising. "Expelliarmus!"

Pucey's wand flew out of his hands as Montague yelled back, "Petrificus Totalus!"

"Protego!" She hissed knocking Montague back a bit. He growled lowly.

"What is going on here?" Snape drawled coming out of the Potion's corridor. "Dueling in the hallways, are we?"

"Professor, she attacked us out of nowhere," Pucey said picking up his wand.

Montague agreed. "Right mental, that one, Professor."

Lorelei hissed at them, "Don't lie." She quickly put her wand away. She could feel the anger in her rising when Snape docked ten points from only Gryffindor. "It's not my fault they can't win a duel two against one."

Snape looked at her eyes with a bit of fear of his own. He had never seen eyes like that. "Another ten points from Gryffindor. Miss Calypso, go to Professor Dumbledore. Now."

The Slytherins smirked but even they were scared. Her eyes had gone completely black.

"Fine, Professor. Favor your house like you always do," Lorelei growled out before turning and walking away not giving him a moment to even process her words.

She noticed Harry and Ron were hanging around the corner with Hermione staring at her wide-eyed. Ron mumbled, "Er...your eyes, Lor."

She growled back, "Shouldn't you three be in class?" She didn't give them time to answer before shoving passed them heading to Dumbledore's office.

Ron gulped. "Should I tell Fred and George?"

Hermione shook her head. "They would go find those Slytherins and earn detention, Ronald. I don't think it's a good idea."

Harry disagreed. "They would be worried if she doesn't show up to class. We have to tell them."

"Well, I'm going to class before I'm late. You two do what you want," Hermione said leaving the two boys standing there.

Before Harry or Ron could decide what to do, they saw Lee walking quickly like he was late for class. Ron debated for a second before calling out his name.

"Hey Mini Weasley, I'm late. We can talk later!" Lee said, but Ron called out again quickly explaining the scene they witnessed with Lorelei. Lee's happy smile fell and he nodded. "Thanks, mate." He took off quicker than before.

Harry looked at Ron with a fearful smile. "She'll be alright, yeah?"

"She told off Snape. I think she'll be great," Ron said with a smirk.

Lorelei growled out the password to the Gargoyle guarding his office. Even the statue seemed wide-eyed. When she made it to his office, she knocked harshly causing Dumbledore to quietly say come in. She pushed the door open and looked at Dumbledore who smiled at her despite her eyes.

"Well, this is a surprise. I thought you had a few more years," Dumbledore said with a lighthearted hum.

Lorelei sunk in a chair in front of Dumbledore. "Until?"

"Mermaids have a slight temper problem as they grow older and away from the waters as you do. It's like a puberty thing--don't look like that," he paused with a laugh when he saw her black eyes simmering down. "You just need to learn how to control your aggression, Miss Calypso. What caused this?"

"Slytherins. Who else? Even the first-years are on my last nerve, Professor," she grumbled feeling the anger leaving her when Dumbledore laughed. "Snape took twenty points from me! Montague and Pucey were fighting as well!"

"Ah, I shall take points from them to make it fair, yes?"

"Sounds lovely."

"Wonderful. Now, how about a nice nap. Your lessons will still be there tomorrow," Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eye.

"Even lovelier," she grinned feeling better. She even took a candy when offered before going back to her Common Room.

When she made it back, with no run-ins with Filch, she collapsed on the couch in front of the fireplace. She fell asleep immediately, the anger from earlier completely diminished.

She woke up when voices were growing louder in the Common Room, and she felt someone playing with her hair. She opened her eyes to see George smiling at her.

"You all right, Lor?" he whispered to not show the others she woke up yet. Lorelei's head was placed on his lap while he played with her hair. She didn't know what time it was, but she still felt exhausted.

Lorelei nodded but said nothing. He continued his conversation with Fred while Lorelei stayed put in that position until Lee mentioned going to dinner.

George grinned looking down at Lorelei. "Fancy going to dinner?"

Lorelei nodded and sat up. She immediately regretted it as she was bombarded with questions from her friends. Angelina and Alicia were threatening the Slytherins while Fred and Lee were planning a prank with George already. Lorelei smiled at her group of friends.

Though it seemed drastic to say at the time, anyone of them would die for the other.