Introduction

Love Beneath The Darklines

Introduction

"Winner always stands alone"

Yeah as said by Paulo Coelho but I completely agree to him as I stand-alone in the empty courts of a basketball court. I have won the match and even the best players trophy Yet I stand alone and "urggh" what an implacable sight to be see, t the ugliest of the faces in the town is sitting in the bleachers which is always occupied with the cheer leaders, one of whom is/ was my girlfriend.

FLASHBACK

Team Oxford High wins with 26 baskets and the Player of the tournament who with his amazing play has won 47 baskets out of 63 is "Davidson "

I was handed a very huge trophy, the golden one with a huge cup on the top and a wooden stand below. I was enjoying and smiling and smirking at the hottest girl in the bleachers. She came to me and I gave her a deep long and seductive kiss. I liked to kiss her and she'd always return it back. But today it was different....

"David" Ciara said, "Congrats. I am happy for you, very happy but we cannot be together. I no longer want to be your girlfriend. You are too ambitious and I want to enjoy my life. I think I am done with you. Bye and Goodluck" she unclasped from my embrace and walked away. All others came and congratulated me and I stood here till I was all alone talking to myself wondering about the most beautiful girl in the bleachers who would wait for long hours for me till I finish my match and take her home to rip her clothes and decorate the floor of my bedroom and later treat my body for doing such a good job on the courts.

You guessed it right. My girlfriend, my steady for almost a year girlfriend 'Ciara' broke up with me saying that I do not interest her any longer. I am too naive a boyfriend, boring too as I focus too much on my game and my academics. She feels out of the social circles. She misses going to the parties everyday because I do not hang out more than twice in a week.

You need a price to be paid to be a world number one basketball player and also finish my degree with distinction. You cannot drink everyday and still forge the hangover and lead a normal life and struggle for success.

I loved her. I really did or may be I felt that I loved her. I was honest too in my relationship as I never gave a second look to any other chick in the college, however beautiful she might be but mind it first look is evitable as beauty is meant to admire and I do have some hormones buddy.

The day when I should be proud of myself and enjoy my victory I stand alone looking at the worst looking girl who is scribbling something on a piece of paper. I wonder why she is writing. She doesn't need to. Rather she doesn't need to be a part of the universe with that ugly appearance as her presence or not is not going to matter to anybody. So why unnecessary bother but whatever...

I leave her to herself and walk my way to the Carpark where my sparkling white BMW 5 series is waiting for me.. I do have a rich, rich is an understatement for my dad who sponsors me, pays my bills, my fees, my luxuries and is also responsible for presenting me a lecture once in a week about how hardworking and successful my elder brother Mark is and I have to lead to the family tradition and make another successful business empire with my own skills. They do not approve of my dream of becoming a famous sportsperson, number one basketball player of the decade to be precise.

------#---

When I see through the side glasses of my sedan does a bulldog follow the same ugly face walking out of the courts with her.

Why would such an ugly good for nothing person need a watch dog for herself. Neither does she look rich enough to have lot of money that any burglar would pounce on her and plunder her most expensive belongings which I doubt if she has any. One thing is for sure the dog has a much pleasing personality than hers. Or may be she is all so lonely that the only thing that could give her company is a pet and gods bless that dumb creature.

This is what heartbreak does to you. I am thinking all over about the most unique creatures of the world that I don't even know.

Yeah I am very lonely today. I need to get some sleep to think straight. I headed downtown towards my home. To sink in the comfy of the mattress on the bed of my room is the right choice to do. May be in the evening I can join in some of my friends and get wasted enough to forget that I have been rejected by my girlfriend...