Chapter 5

After some loud music, it was time of romantic number. There was awkwardness between Sid and Naaz. But still, their hearts were so connected that they could sense cohesion between them.

Tere bin ab na lenge ek bhi dum

Tujhe kitana chahane lage hum

All start dancing in pairs. Riya takes Sid with her. Naaz was not comfortable to see Sid and Riya together. He was her first and only love. She was sitting alone at the corner. Aryan comes to her and asks for a dance. She denies. But he forces her and gets her to dance floor. She was finding it uneasy to dance with Aryan. Sid sees it. Aryan's hand was on her bareback. Sid was unable to take it. He also sees her uneasiness. He knows her. She doesn't like parties. She doesn't like dancing with strangers. He immediately goes to Aryan.

Sid: Can I borrow my best friend for some minutes?

Aryan was not happy with it. But then he gave up.

Naaz was happy that Sid came for her rescue. But was scared too. She knew he is angry with her. Sid holds her at her waist tightly and she bumps on his chest. A shiver passes through her spine. He looks in her eyes. She was avoiding eye contact. She knew he has the power to melt her.

Sid: What happened Naaz? Kisase nazare chura rahi ho? Mujhse? Apne best friend se?

Naaz was silent.

Sid: By the way you are looking beautiful today. Why you wore this dress? Do you have any idea, how many guys are ogling on you?

Naaz now looks into his eyes. She always loved this possessiveness. Butterflies were flying in her stomach.

Naaz: Bua had gifted this dress last week. I thought it is the right occasion to wear it.

Sid: Why are you doing this to me Naaz? Why are you leaving me all alone?

Naaz: You are not alone Sid. Riya is there with you to take care. And I have already told you that this is a good opportunity. I can't miss it.

Sid: Is it because of Riya?

Naaz was shocked by this sudden unexpected question. She was not ready for the answer. Her eyes were almost teary. No this can't happen. I can't ruin his life because of my feelings. It's not because of Riya. Riya has nothing to do with it. It was only between Naaz and her Sid. She loved him but she cannot expect the same feeling from him.

Naaz: What are you saying Sid? I am happy for you and Riya. She is really a nice girl.

Sid: I don't know what's happening?

He was on the urge to break down. Naaz sensed it. She takes him outside. And they are at the parking area near Sid's car.

Naaz: Please try to understand Sid. I cannot see you like this. Please don't make things difficult for me. We have become habits of each other. Habits change with time.

Sid: It's fucking almost 10 years Naaz! We are together for 10 years. I know you better than you and you know me better than I. I want my Naaz back. I tried Naaz. But I can't live without you. Yes, you are my habit and I don't want to change my habit. Because you are the best habit that happened to me.

Naaz: (Now Naaz was angry and she almost shouts on him) I am not your fucking wife that you can't live without me. We are just friends. And there is a limit in every relation. You have to understand it and accept it.

Sid was shattered with it. He was not ready to take it. Her eyes were moist. Her lips were trembling. He was just numb for a moment. Why did she say this? Why she is looking so broken? Why she is so hurt? He caresses her cheeks, looks in her eyes. An unknown feeling with desire takes over to him. Unknowingly, he smashes his lips on hers. Naaz was shocked by his sudden move. But she reciprocates soon. It was a gentle but deep kiss. First kiss of both. He was marking his territory. She was his. He was completely unknown about his feelings. But for Naaz, it was the most special moment. Suddenly she realizes, he does not belong to her. This is wrong. This is cheating. She breaks the kiss and ran to the gate. Sid was completely frozen. What has just happened? What did I do? Why I did it?

She was all gone.....And Sid was frozen at that place.