▪️Chapter 2▪️

It had been three weeks since Mr. and Mrs. Matthews had left the girls, and today was their first day of school. The girls were currently enjoying their morning sleep. Something the two treasured. Suddenly, each of their alarm clocks rang waking them up. Groaning, they got out of bed and made their way downstairs still in their PJs.

Sebrina was waiting for them with breakfast ready. "Good morning, I've-"

Before she could finish her sentence Elena and Erilian collapsed on the sofa, falling asleep.

"Good God," Sebrina rolled her eyes. "Wake up you two, it's your first day of school."

The two sprung up, rubbing their eyes as realization dawned on them.

"Oh my God! What time is it?" asked Elena frantically.

"Oh no, no, no, no we're gonna be late," said Erilian freaking out.

"Enough!" Sebrina exclaimed gaining their attention. "You're fine, you two got enough time to have breakfast and get ready. Just go change and come down to have breakfast, then you can leave. Sounds good?" she asked and the two sighed in relief.

"Great, however, I really don't want to draw any attention today," said Elena.

"Me neither," said Erilian

"Just wear something plain and simple," suggested Sebrina.

"I can do that," said Erilian as she turned and walked back to her room.

Twenty minutes later, the two walked downstairs and sat at the dining table as Sebrina served them breakfast.

"Thank you, Seb," said Elena.

After breakfast, Erilian started heading towards the garage so her sister could drive them. Elena, however, had different plans and walked out the front door. Erilian looked at her confused but followed her none the less.

"Do you want me to get you your car Ms?" Sebastian, their personal chauffeur, asked.

"No, thank you, Sebastian," Elena politely declined as she walked towards the gate where Mark, the house guard, was waiting.

"Won't you be driving today Ms?" he asked.

"Nope, see you later, Mark," she waved walking out the gates, Erilian beside her.

"El? What's going on?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing, I just wanted to try the bus today, but if we don't like it then we can drive tomorrow," she said simply.

A second later the bus pulled up and the door opened. The bus driver looked at them with narrowed eyes, never having seen them before.

Elena was wearing an eggplant hoodie with the hood pulled up and her hair escaping through both sides of her shoulders, dark cuffed jeans, black converse, and sunglasses to cover her eyes.

Erilian was wearing a black T-shirt with white writing on the bottom right side that read 'E=mc²', light skinny jeans, and a denim jacket with white converse, and her hair was in a ponytail.

"We're new transfer students," Erilian told the bus driver. He simply nodded at them as they walked in and took the empty seats at the front. No one paid attention after the first glance.

Once they reached the school they quickly got off the bus and stood side by side.

"Well then, let's do this," said Erilian walking up the stairs. Kids would turn in their direction occasionally, but turn away when they found nothing interesting.

The girls made their way towards the office where the secretary sat. A kind-looking lady with grey hair and warm brown eyes. She looked like she was in her early fifties.