▪️Chapter 35▪️

"Oh no no no no!" wailed Cat. "What are we going to do?" she asked them both while she paced around.

Elena and Lucas looked at each other before Elena started to take off her hoodie. "What are you doing?" asked Lucas.

"I'm going to get that envelope," she answered simply before she moved to climb out of the window when Lucas stopped her.

"No, you're not! Do you know how dangerous that is?!" he exclaimed, worry clear in his voice and expression.

"Well do you have a better idea?" she argued.

"Let me go instead," he told her like it was obvious.

"No, I'm the better climber and you know that. Besides, if I fall, you'll be able to catch me, but I don't have your strength if you fall. Me doing it is the better option," she explained confidently. "Trust me Lu, I'll be fine, I promise," she told him reassuringly when she saw the expression on his face.

"I don't like it but fine," he coincided and she smiled at him before she climbed out the window.

"Will she be fine?" asked Cat as they watched her climb up the wall.

"I hope so."

They watch in anticipation as she climbed the wall as fast as she could. The other couple were also sending their guy to climb down. Elena, however, was the better climber as she quickly reached the bottom of the balcony where the envelope was hanging.

Pulling herself up on the railing, she reached out towards the envelope with one hand while the other held onto the railing. She stretched out as far as she could but was only able to graze the envelope. So instead, she decided to push it out of the lion's mouth causing it to fall down. "Catch!"

Cat quickly reached out to grab the envelope before it could fall any further while Lucas was busy watching her to make sure she got down safely as she climbed down "Elena, slow down!" Lucas called out to her.

"We don't have time for that!" she called back. She was almost down and was hanging right above them, all Lucas had to do was reach out to touch her feet.

"Damn it, be careful!" he called out frantically when he saw her miss her foothold.

Surprised, she looked down in surprise to see him looking genuinely scared of the thought of her falling. Her heart started to beat faster and all she wanted to do was fall into his arms. "Lucas-"

"Shut up and just climb down!" he interrupted her, frustrated that she didn't realize her actual life was in danger. "Tell me later, just come down first!"

She slightly chuckled but did as he told her. When she was close enough, he reached out and grabbed her by the waist as she jumped down. He stabilized her and made sure she was okay before he hugged her. "Youre so stupid, you know that?"

"I'm fine Lu, I promise," she reassured him. She was about to hug him tighter when he pulled away without a second glance and turned towards Cat who was opening the envelope.

"What's inside?" he asked as she handed him the key that she pulled out. He made sure it was a three-teethed-key before he said, "Alright, we got our first key, let's go get the next," he told them as he walked towards the door.

Cat bounced after him while Elena sighed in disappointment. She was the one that said no, wasn't she? She had no right to feel this way. Instead, she followed them both. Lucas had pulled out the paper once again.

"What can run but never walk, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps," he read frowning then looked up at the girls. "Run but not walk, mouth but doesn't talk, head but doesn't weep, bed but doesn't sleep,"