▪️Chapter 8▪️

The days passed by and Erilian spent most of her time with Jason and Andrea while Elena mostly kept to herself. Cole and Lucas however, would always be by her side. They never got a chance to speak to Charles since they saw him last at the Santiago mansion, so they decided to ask her if she knew Cade.

They kept on glancing at her from time to time, but it never seemed like the right time. She kept on giving them questioning looks which they simply shrugged off.

The most interesting things that happened at school were usually during PE class. Like today, the coach was grinning like a maniac with an excited look in his eyes when all the students had walked out of the locker rooms.

"Ah, shit!" cursed Jason. "He's at it again," he said while the others groaned.

"Coach has planned something to wear us out again," said Cole with a defeated sigh. "I wonder what he has planned this time."

The coach blew his whistle. "Well then, now that you're all here, let's begin." he lead them towards the track that looked like a death trap.

"Today we'll be doing an obstacle course paired with a relay race, and to even out the number you'll be participating in a three-man team. The first runner will be running through the fifteen tires that have been laid out, the second runner will climb over the five-meter wall and the last runner will jump over the obstacles laid out."

"Well damn it all. What is this? Military camp?" hissed Andrea. She hated anything involving running. The other students were either complaining or protesting.

The coach blew his whistle again. "Suck it up and do it! You aren't kids anymore, you're all young adults. You should at least be able to complete an obstacle course." the coach glared at them.

"Says you," grumbled Jason. "I'm still a child at heart."

"Now remember it's a race, the quicker you finish, the better. Your teammates can't start their run if you haven't handed them the baton. The team in first place team gets to skip next PE class, the last-place team, however...." he left the rest to their imagination with an evil look. The last place was never a good thing, during PE, however, it was the absolute worst.

"Well at least if we get capable runners we might escape being last," suggested Jason.

"Agreed," said Erilian. "El, be my team?" she asked turning to her sister who chuckled at her hopeless expression and offered her some of the m&ms she was holding.

"So as long as our team is good, we won't get the last place," said Andrea confidently.

Her confidence, however, quickly vanished when the coach said, "Now, I've already picked your teams. When I call your name proceed towards your marked position. Each team will do a single lap." he flipped through his papers then announced, "Alright, team one...Jason Everdale,"

Jason groaned in annoyance.

"Andrea Mcarthur,"

She looked surprised.

"and Erilian Matthews."

Their eyes widened in horror while the others snickered at them.

"This should be good," said Cole, crossing his arms as he watched the three who looked mortified.

The three were crying out in protest. They were doomed and they knew it.

"Wait, coach! You can't do that!"

"Yeah, no way, we shouldn't be a team!"

"What they said! coach, we're a chemical mixture for disaster!"